Software upgrade from DISH

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by David_Jr, Jan 15, 2002.

1. David_Jr

David_Jr Supporting Actor

Dave
    Just received an (unexpected/surprise) upgrade in the software for our 4700 receiver which upgraded the menu system nicely. Didn't get the upgrade on the second receiver in our bedroom. This is a model toward the bottom of the food chain. Is that the reason or is it because we don't have that receiver on as much as the one downstairs? Anyone have any thoughts on this?

2. Jeff_P

Jeff_P Stunt Coordinator

David,

I received an upgrade a few ago too. Now on the receiver in my bedroom I am able to see the artist name and song title on the screen of the CD channels. I believe I have the 4700 in there. I noticed the menu upgrade a long time ago though.

3. Scott Kimball

Scott Kimball Screenwriter

I believe the upgrade is only for the model 4700.

This upgrade has been going on for a few weeks. If you have a 4700 and have not been upgraded yet, you should be by the end of the month.

-Scott

4. EdD

EdD Agent

Can someone please post what version is the latest? Thanks.

EdD

5. David_Jr

Dave
    We just got it yesterday and I have no idea what version it is. Is there a place in the menu to check that?

6. EdD

EdD Agent

hit the "sys info" button on your remote. you should see a software version field that has something like:

736PCNN... etc. I think that's what mine said.

EdD

7. David_Jr

Dave
    Sorry it took me so long to reply, I've been pretty busy. I checked my software version and it says "P104 CCAD-N". The Bootstrap version is "13BBCCAD". Also the Model ID says "4900 Upgraded". I was just about certain that I had purchased a 4700. Is it possible that they upgraded me to a 4900 by software? Another thing, if anyone knows: I had the option to have the current program displayed in the program guide. I checked this option, but when I go to the program guide, the current program does not display right away, it takes several minutes and a screen says "Please wait while satellite downloads the information". Is this normal? For some reason it doesn't do that every time. Thanks.