Software to transfer digital pictures to DVD

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Richard_T, Jun 7, 2003.

1. Richard_T

Richard_T Second Unit

I have allot of digital pictures on my hard drive that I'd like to transfer to a DVD so I can view them on my TV and share with friends. I have an old Panny A320, (yes, it's still alive!!) which says it reads video CDs, but it doesn't. When I burn the CD, I place it in the DVD player and all it doesn't read it at all. All I get is "NO DISK". Am I doing something wrong or is my DVD player just to old to allow it to read these files? Can anyone recommend a good software program to burn digital pictures as well as video from my DV video recorder?

Thanks![​IMG]

2. andrew markworthy

I had similar problems with my old Panasonic and VCDs as well. I'm afraid the only solution I found was to buy a new DVD player!

Regarding transferring pictures onto disc, I'd be grateful for suggestions as well. I currently use something called OnDVD which came packaged with a Dazzle VHS-to-computer file converter. However, it's not ideal, as I can 'only' burn 100 pictures onto a disc (which is a monumental waste of disc capacity). Nero (usually utterly reliable) only seems to burn sets of four pictures per 'page' which are really too small to see on a TV set.

3. Scott Barnhart

Scott Barnhart Stunt Coordinator

I have only burned digital stills to DVD, never video, but the program I use, VCDEasy, did a great job and was easy to deal with. It can be found at http://www.vcdeasy.org/.

4. andrew markworthy

Scott - many thanks; I'll have a go at this.

5. Richard_T

Richard_T Second Unit

Thanks very much Scoot. I'll try it also!! I hope I can do video also. I'll post my findings
    [​IMG]

6. Richard_T

Richard_T Second Unit

Thanks very much Scott. I'll try it also!! I hope I can do video also. I'll post my findings
    [​IMG]