Software Forum is not refreshing for me?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by AllenD, Mar 26, 2002.

1. AllenD

AllenD Second Unit

I've tried signing on and off several times today and the Software Forum won't refresh for me. [​IMG] All others are fine.
    Please help me!

2. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    When you say you have signed on and off do you mean that you have logged off and cleared the cookie file that you have for the forum?

Parker

3. AllenD

AllenD Second Unit

Parker,
    I meant I signed off and on again several times from my ISP. Also, Yes, I deleted the cookie file. I even deleted all HTF related files in the internet temp folder. It still didn't refresh for me and all other forums worked. But now, for some strange reason, the Software Forum is now working fine for me.[​IMG]

4. Qui-Gon John

Qui-Gon John Producer

Parker,

I saw something similar yesterday myself. Normally after I visit HTF, if I go to other web-sites and then later in the day come back to HTF, (after I answer the flash/non-flash screen), my forums are refreshed in that new posts show red and posts I viewed last time show yellow. But yesterday this was not happening, posts I viewed earlier in the day were still red. I had to close my browser completely, then go back in, to make this take effect.

5. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    When pages don't get refreshed or the red and yellow folders don't appear to be working it is a matter of your browser keeping the old pages in cache. Or the cookie file that you have on your computer is corupted in some way so the last time you were on the forum is not being conveyed back to the site.

Yesterday may have just been a network glitch or someother unknown variable that made these things happen. Let me know if they continue.

Parker