What's new

Software for Cataloging DVD's (1 Viewer)

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
And when you are done getting all your DVD's catalogued, you can display them online as many of us here have done. Check my sig.

DennisP

Stunt Coordinator
I don't know where I've been..but this is the first time I heard of this program. I downloaded it and have to say
"ITS GREAT". I built my own movie database using MS Access, but this little Gem (DVD Profiler) blows anything I cold have made, away.
I do have one question regarding DVD Profiler. I notice every time I open it..the program immediately dials my ISP to go online. Is there any way to stop this from happening? I understand it uses on line resources to gather information....but what if you only want to look at the data regarding personal DVD's?
Anyway....thanks for bring this program to my attention. It is really a wonderful tool to manage a DVD Collection.
:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Dave Gilbert

Second Unit
Select Tools > Options from the menu and click the Online tab. Click the "I will establish the Internet Connection" radio button and you're good to go.

Jeremiah W

Stunt Coordinator
hey Dennis are you gonna put up a link so we can see what DVDs you have or are we supposed to guess?;)

Will K

Screenwriter
I agree that DVD Profiler is great, but does anyone else have a problem with it being sluggish at times? It also seems to take forever when refreshing the online list(and I have cable modem). Just wondering.

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Will K
It's probably sluggish for you because it's trying to find out exactly why you have the movie "9 To 5" in your collection :)
Just kidding...
It's sometime sluggish for me too - but it's worth the slowness - for such a great program. And I also have a fast connection - via T1 !

DennisP

Stunt Coordinator
Okay guys, How come I can't see anyone's DVD collections?

Session Timed Out

Your session has timed out. Select your browser's refresh menu option to continue browsing this collection.

(of couse when I refresh..it comes back the same way)

(this message appears also)

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a000d'

Type mismatch: 'lbound'

/dvdpro/mycollection/styles/Default/list.asp, line 100

(Any ideas ?)

Will K

Screenwriter
It's probably sluggish for you because it's trying to find out exactly why you have the movie "9 To 5" in your collection
Ha ha. :) Actually, that one belongs to my other half. Kinda sucks that that's the first one that comes up. But I could turn off the adult filtering so "69 to 5" will display! :D

JasonKrol

Supporting Actor
the error your are getting trying to view others collections is most likely a web error on Interocative's part. Im sure they will have it fixed in no time (if not already by the time you see this message)

I too find the updating slugish..but not with the download as much as the actual updating (download percentage bar goes quite fast, but the compiling of the list data takes me forever) - prolly due to my slowish computer.

Michael Bailey

Stunt Coordinator
I agree with the above posts DVD profiler is the best Ive seen. It is normally very reliable. I remember a month or two ago when they were upgrading that the service was unreliable for about a week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gto5830