SOFTWARE for Behringer DSP1100P (BFD)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Pieter_L, Jul 4, 2001.

1. Pieter_L

Pieter_L Guest

i have a nasty bump around 30Hz, and plan to buy a BFD to get rid of it.
    i d/l the software & would like to use it.
    can anyone give me a "step by step" on how to do this?
    NOTE: i will NOT be connecting my PC to the BFD box.
    specifically:
    1. i first measure my room using trusty R/S SPL analog (should i use sine, warble or some other tone?). also, should i measure every 1Hz, every 5Hz, or what?
    2. Next you have to input the readings into the BFD software - how exactly do you do this?
    3. Next, i assume, you push a button & the software figures out the best filters - how do you do this?
    4. lastly, you enter the results into the BFD (i should be able to manage this!)
    thks for helping!

2. ThomasW

ThomasW Cinematographer

1. i first measure my room using trusty R/S SPL analog (should i use sine, warble or some other tone?). also, should i measure every 1Hz, every 5Hz, or what?
    Every 5-10Hz is fine, I'd use sine waves.
    2. Next you have to input the readings into the BFD software - how exactly do you do this?
    The software is just a graphic representation of what a filter/filters will do when set to a specific frequency, bandwidth , and gain level
    3. Next, i assume, you push a button & the software figures out the best filters - how do you do this?
    You know what they say about assuming [​IMG] No, the software isn't an analysis program and doesn't do anything except show you what a specific setting/settings will do.
    4. lastly, you enter the results into the BFD (i should be able to manage this!)
    You should make an Excel graph of the current measured performance with the RS meter corrections applied. Set the BFD to compensate for the dips and peaks. Then remeasure the sub again with the BFD in the circuit to see how flat you got the plot. Make another Excel graph compare it to the first. Make additional changes as necessary.
    You can load and run the software anytime. You'll get an error message when it can't find the MIDI connection/hardware but just ignore that