Software Bug In Dvd, Effects Sound

Discussion in 'DVD' started by San.S, Jan 1, 2004.

1. San.S

San.S Auditioning

All,

I have a panasonic DVD player and Denon receiver with a Dwin projector. Today I was playing a songs DVD and when it reached a certain song the sound in the home theater died. I thought maybe some wire was loose or I might have pressed the mute button by mistake.

After spending quite some time and trying everything including shutting off the whole home theater I put in the same DVD again. At first there was no sound then then when it was showing the main menu the sound came back. Now, when I selected any song from the list the sound again died.

The problem is that when I try to play any other DVD the sound is still dead. All the DVDs that I played are original and none of them are copied or pirated.

Has anyone seen something like this before ?

I would appreciate any help or pointers on this.

Regards,

San

2. Ken Seeber

Ken Seeber Supporting Actor

It would help a lot if you could tell us what DVD is giving you the problem.

3. San.S

San.S Auditioning

The DVD that I have is called World Choice and has songs from different parts of the world.

Meanwhile I checked with the person who installed my home theater and he thinks that problem could be with the DVD player (panasonic RP82). Something might have been set and other than unplugging it to see if it gets reset there is no option. He also suggested plugging in another DVD player to test.

So now, I am on my way to buy a new DVD player. I will keep you guys updated.

Thanks.