Soft reset on an X-box & digital output question..

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jay H, Jan 6, 2002.

1. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Is there a universal "soft reset" for the xbox? I remember the PSX had one, but I see no mention of it in the X-box manual. Silent Hill 2 has one which is hold down the BACK and START buttons as it's mentioned in the manual but HALO doesn't seem to have one (except the Save and quit option)...

Also, since I found out that my Dishnetwork 501 PVR receiver is always outputting audio on the digital output even when it's off, I can't use a toslink optical splitter, I have to unplug the 501's digital cable to get my DD processor to recognize it. Ugh, maybe I can get Echostar to patch the software... How much is a dedicated A/B optical switch?? Don't think it's worth it but just curious...

Jay

2. Hugh M

Hugh M Second Unit

I haven't seen a toslink switcher, but I bet they are not expensive, check radio shack online.

if you can use Coax instead, then you could use a simple RCA plug switcher as well. maybe ther xbox and the receiver only have optical though, I don't know.

3. Sean Oneil

Sean Oneil Supporting Actor

4. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Hey, thanks for the radio shack link although $30 is bit more than I'm willing to spend. I'm not that lazy and with the splitter, at least it's easy to simply plug in the toslink connector when watching my DBS system and through the S-video. Not to often as I really don't subscribe to any program that broadcasts in DD5.1. I'm REALLY kind of waiting for a Coax digital output adaptor for the X-box.

My DD processor (Parasound P/DD 1500) has 2 coax and one toslink, I don't know why MS or anybody would really use a toslink, just by the fact that optical cables are typically more expensive and more fragile. I can't tell the difference between the two anyway so I buy whatever is cheaper.

As far as the soft reset, anybody????

Jay