What's new

Soft reset on an X-box & digital output question.. (1 Viewer)

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Is there a universal "soft reset" for the xbox? I remember the PSX had one, but I see no mention of it in the X-box manual. Silent Hill 2 has one which is hold down the BACK and START buttons as it's mentioned in the manual but HALO doesn't seem to have one (except the Save and quit option)...

Also, since I found out that my Dishnetwork 501 PVR receiver is always outputting audio on the digital output even when it's off, I can't use a toslink optical splitter, I have to unplug the 501's digital cable to get my DD processor to recognize it. Ugh, maybe I can get Echostar to patch the software... How much is a dedicated A/B optical switch?? Don't think it's worth it but just curious...

Jay

Hugh M

Second Unit
I haven't seen a toslink switcher, but I bet they are not expensive, check radio shack online.

if you can use Coax instead, then you could use a simple RCA plug switcher as well. maybe ther xbox and the receiver only have optical though, I don't know.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Hey, thanks for the radio shack link although $30 is bit more than I'm willing to spend. I'm not that lazy and with the splitter, at least it's easy to simply plug in the toslink connector when watching my DBS system and through the S-video. Not to often as I really don't subscribe to any program that broadcasts in DD5.1. I'm REALLY kind of waiting for a Coax digital output adaptor for the X-box.

My DD processor (Parasound P/DD 1500) has 2 coax and one toslink, I don't know why MS or anybody would really use a toslink, just by the fact that optical cables are typically more expensive and more fragile. I can't tell the difference between the two anyway so I buy whatever is cheaper.

As far as the soft reset, anybody????

Jay

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks