What's new

Soderbergh's King of The Hill...WHEN? (1 Viewer)

Jake Johnson

Second Unit
I thought this title was due out a long time ago. when is this due to come out? Maybe Criterion? Hopefully?

Brian PB

Supporting Actor
I, too, am waiting for this one. Universal would appear to hold the rights (they released the film on VHS). Since they have a 'working relationship' with Criterion, a CC edition is certainly a possibility (they did an excellent job with the equally underrated Schizopolis). Personally, I can't see Universal expending much effort to release it on DVD (it didn't even come close to recouping its costs at the box office in 1993, and has less than 1500 votes on IMDb).

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
I still have the WS laserdisc. I wouldn't mind an anamorphic remaster of the criminally underrated THE UNDERNEATH, either.

Bradley-E

Screenwriter
Soderberg's OUT OF SIGHT is out of print. Perhaps Universal will do a Soderberg Box set soon with OUT OF SIGHT, KING OF THE HILL, THE UNDERNEATH (w/new Anamorphic Transfer), TRAFFIC and ERIN BROCKOVICH.

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams
I too have the LaserDisc, and am amazed that this little gem hasn't made it to DVD yet.:frowning:

chas speed

Second Unit
Real Name
jeff
I have the laserdisc too and it has a bad case of laser rot. I can't imagine why this classic film has never been put out on DVD. If being unpopular is a reason to keep a film from being released about 90% of the films out there would never have made it to DVD.

Nick Shookla

Agent
Real Name
Nick Shookla
I'm glad this thread has been resurrected because I had forgotten about this great film until now.
It seems there is a copy available in the UK on Amazon. For some reason it's listed incorrectly as 1.78:1 Aspect Ratio but if this review here (King of the hill - test dvd) is the same dvd, it's preserved correctly.
But geez, when is R1 going to see a copy?

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Awesome news from Criterion! This is finally being released January 25, 2014 on DVD and Blu-ray.
We have been waiting way too long for this one.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The release date is February 25th, not January. Sorry about that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks