What's new

SOCOM Reunion... (1 Viewer)

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
Howie,
finding someone on SOCOM takes a bit of luck. What I used to do is sign on and go into the different lobbies (US East, US East 1, etc) and look at the players list. If I saw any of the players were HTF people(usually with HTF- in front of their name) then I'd look at the rooms to see if there was one that they were obviously in(say one with HTF in the name). Failing that, I'd jump into the open games and look at the players list until I found them. It was a huge pain, especially if they were playing in a locked room and I didn't know the password.

JoshF

Supporting Actor
I can play tonight, but I'll have to join in a bit later - I work out / train from 8-10 eastern. I should be ready to be on by around 11 or so.

If others are planning to play, I would definitely be up for hopping on for a little while tonight. Someone has to provide you guys with some cannon fodder to increase your kill counts.

Howie A

Second Unit
I will be glad to jump into a match tonight also.
Since I get home from work then school at around
8:30 ish. It will be great therapy for me
after the frustrations of my :confused:calculus class.. :angry:

I'll solve your "F-in" equation..
Sorry about that.. Like I said good therapy.

GaryP

Second Unit
Howie,
Back in "the good ol' days" we all used to meet up in the highest East server (last night for instance was East 12)and, as Dave said, make our own room. When the clan was playing on a nightly basis it wasn't too hard to track each other down because every last one of us had the "HTF-" prefix in front of our names. I'll probably be on tonight, but 9:00EST may be a little early for this gang, 10:00-11:00 is usually when things started to get movin'.

EDIT: If by chance it is an HTF password room, passwords included: htf, htfclan, HTF, nightwing

Gary

Howie A

Second Unit
Wasn't there a find option to type in a name or something?
I feel like I remember something like that?.?.
Its been a while.

Either way I'll be looking in the higher East lobbies tonight.

Cory Pals

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Cory Pals
Guys,

I'd love to join in a game or two. Be looking for you tonight (screenname: Corman)

James St

Supporting Actor
Wow what a difference three months makes. Now the servers are great and I suck. It was fun playing again and I plan on going on again regularly if they remain as stable as they were tonight.

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
Hell yea. I played for 2 straight hours with only 1 instance of lag, and even then it didn't affect the game. No drops, no stalls. I look foward to playing more with you guys.

Howie A

Second Unit
That was fun.. A bit of a pain to find peeps.
I guess I am just spoiled from LIVE friends options..
But the change of pace from GR was kind of cool..
Jumping is cool! ;) Good games once things picked up.

Though I got to find a comfortable control setting since I
must have deleted the one I had to make room for the EVERQUEST beta.. :angry: (4M worth of stuff...)

JoshF

Supporting Actor
Ryan: Actually, you can fine tune a few things, including the speed of look-around as well as your dead zone. Helps quite a bit.

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
Wow I can't believe it goes up to East 14 now. I remember back in the hey day it went up to East 3 or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks