What's new

SOCOM - How do you beat the Prison Break level!!! (1 Viewer)

Jeff Holton

Stunt Coordinator
I've been working on the prison break level (Mr. Pickle) forever. I cannot seem to destroy the HIND helicopter. I've tried shooting it with my machine gun, pummelling it with my grenade launcher... nothing seems to work. Is there a trick I'm missing, a hidden rocket launcher, something...

I consider myself a fairly competent player... but I just can't figure that helicopter out.

Any help? Thanks

Brandon_S

Second Unit
Jeff,

I haven't made it to this level yet, but do you have any C4? In all the missions where I have had to destroy something C4 has been the key. I will let you know once I get to this mission for sure.

Brandon Smith

Jeff Holton

Stunt Coordinator
I guess I forgot to mention... the helicopter is in the air... attacking you, when you have to destroy it... so I don't think C4 will work.

So far, the only things that seem like they should work is either equiping myself with a machine gun w/grenade launcher, or use one of the enemy's grenade launcher after you kill them. Either way, it doesn't seem to work.

Maybe I'm using the wrong grenades in my grenade launcher?

I thought maybe there is a rocket launcher hidden somewhere on the board or something.

Brandon_S

Second Unit
Yeah I didn't take into consideration that the HIND was in the air. All the vehicles I have had to destroy so far have been stationary. I should have time to play some tonight so if I come across the answer I will post it. You might want to check out http://www.gamefaqs.com and see if they have any info there. Hope this helps.
Brandon Smith

Harry P

Auditioning
Hi Jeff.

When I played that mission I brought the HIND down by emptying one of the AK's I took from one of the bad guys straight in the belly of the HIND.

You know, after getting Mr. Pickle, run to the armory to get the map, after taking out the enemy in that building you can pick up one of the AK's , then make sure that Mr. Pickle and the Bravo Team is inside so they won't be shot accidentally. Then crouch down at the door when the HIND is coming, after a while it will at some point stay over the entrance and that's when you empty the AK in it's belly. After a shooting a full clip from the AK in it's belly it will launch a video showing the HIND crashing.
Make sure that the AK is set on AUTO and not 3 shot burst.

Hope this helps you out.
Harry.

Jeff Holton

Stunt Coordinator
Harry P.

That's kind of what I thought, and what I've been trying...

But I havn't been able to get a clear shot at the HIND without it ripping me to shreds with it's machine gun.

Which door did you crouch at and wait for the HIND?
Were you able to stay inside and still shoot it?

Every time I take a step out the door... I get waxed!

Harry P

Auditioning
Hi Jeff.
When you exit the jail where Mr.Pickles is located and head towards the armory you will see a fenced area which is a part of the building. just past the fence there is a door, use Bravo to breech, frag or bang, clear the room. After clearing the building pick up any AK you can find and get back to the door you used to enter the building and crouch or try to prone just inside the door (You might get a better view and shot angle if you prone). The HIND won't be able to get a shot at you as long as you stay inside and eventually the HIND will be hovering just outside the door, which is when you empty the AK on full auto in its belly. Empty a full clip into the belly and that should be it.
Hope this helps you out.
Harry.
ps! if you think this level is hard just wait until you do the final level (level 12) which is basically a shoot out in a bombed out city :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks