Soccer question..

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jay H, Oct 14, 2002.

1. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Seeing my FIFA'02 question in the video game software question seems to be getting no responses, if you score a goal in the penalty zone AND get fouled/carded at the same time, does the goal count or is the goal taken away and you are given a penalty kick?

Jay

2. Michael Caicedo

Michael Caicedo Second Unit

Michael Caicedo
    Goal counts no penalty kick given- same as football when you decline the penalty and take the touchdown.

3. Lew Crippen

Lew Crippen Executive Producer

If you (the attacker) get fouled by an opponent, while scoring a goal, the goal stands.

If the attacker fouls while scoring a goal, the goal is disallowed and the appropriate penalty is assessed.

This may be a bit pedantic, but a player is not actually assessed a red or yellow card during play. The ref calls a foul and then (though it sometimes may seem simultaneous) books the offending player. The term ‘booking’ is used, because the ref writes the foul in his notebook. The ref shows the offending player a yellow or red card, depending on the foul.

4. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Thanks Michael and Lew, it seems in the FIFA'02 World Cup by EA, your goal is discounted and you are given a penalty kick which I did find quite strange. I'm glad real world soccer/football is more logical! [​IMG]
    Jay

5. Paul_D

Paul_D Cinematographer

Or in the case of the UK Premiership, the attacking player strikes, misses the goal, dives over the nearest defenders foot and is awarded a penalty. [​IMG] Goal. Regular as clockwork.

6. Lew Crippen

Lew Crippen Executive Producer

7. Yee-Ming

Yee-Ming Producer

Yee Ming Lim

8. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay

9. Yee-Ming

Yee-Ming Producer

Yee Ming Lim
    Jay:
    I suppose it is an oversight on the part of EA. the computer no doubt registers the foul immediately upon commission and awards a free-kick/penalty without checking what's going (i.e. ball heading towards goal). perhaps it would take a bit too much AI to add the advantage rule?
    and sorry, I don't play FIFA02 at all so I can't help you there; I'm just an armchair football fan, watching English Premiership and Champions League games in the middle of the night out here... [​IMG]