1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Soap operas

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by tlc38tlc38, Feb 8, 2018.

1. bmasters9

bmasters9 Producer

Ben Masters
    Or Dallas, or even Knots Landing!

2. Ron Lee Green

Ron Lee Green Supporting Actor

I think Knot's Landing would be popular since not all the seasons are available on DVD.

3. Sa5150

Sa5150 Stunt Coordinator

steve
    Need GH :) and I would do it . Some old Y&Y And Days would be cool too .

4. Message #144 of 152 Feb 23, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2020
    JustARandomStan

JustARandomStan Stunt Coordinator

Stan
    Those two, alongside Falcon Crest, will likely join the upcoming HBO Max service at some point, which would mean that we'll have an official source to watch the rest of Knots and FC, at the very least.

bmasters9 likes this.
  5. sjbradford

sjbradford Stunt Coordinator

sjbradford
    It’s possible, but that’s just speculation on your part at this point. Disney+ does not include the entire Disney library. I have no reason to believe that HBO Max will include the entire Warner Bros library either. “Dallas” seems most likely, since it’s already streaming on imdb. Knots is more problematic, since it still has those music licensing issues that have been factors in its absence on DVD or streaming.

6. JustARandomStan

Stan
    Did you really expect Disney+ to have the whole Disney library at launch? What will they be adding post - launch then? Of course not everything is gonna be there on Day 1. This is a live service and content is being added over time. The same way HBO Max will be a live service and it won't have everything WB related from the beginning.

7. sjbradford

sjbradford
    No I didn’t. Where did I say that I expected the entire Disney library to be available on Disney+? There are some part of the Disney library that will never be available on D+.

Thanks for proving my point. And I stand by my statement above - your speculating about the Warner prime time soaps being available on HBO Max is just that: speculation.

8. JustARandomStan

Stan
    The way you wrote it, it implied that you expected the whole library to be there. If you can't see it, I can't help you.

Don't know why you try to start something that's simply not there. All I wrote was that they will LIKELY join. Nowhere did I state that I am for sure certain of their arrival.

If you read you too much into it, that's on you.

9. sjbradford

sjbradford
    Nowhere did I state that I expected the entire Disney library to be on Disney+. If you’re reading that into my post, then I can’t help you.

You’re saying that these shows will likely join without any evidence. You seem threatened that that I called you out on your unfounded assumption. But that’s on you.

10. Wvtvguy

Wvtvguy Second Unit

Marc
    I grew up watching soaps with my grandmother. Well...usually I played off to the side but I listened enough that knew characters. The Doctors & Another World were the favorites. I’d love to see some old 70’s episodes.

It’s surprising how gruesome some of the plots were back then. I remember a period of Another World (somewhere between 1975 - 1977 I think ) where there was some guy killing people and hiding them in the basement or something. Even though I didn’t pay much attention, I remember being creeped out by that!

Sa5150 likes this.
  11. EricSchulz

EricSchulz Producer

Was that possibly DOOL? I seem to think Tony DiMera (his evil twin, actually) might have done that but it was in the early/mid 80's.

12. Sa5150

Sa5150 Stunt Coordinator

steve
    I don't know about hiding people in the basement but Tony aka Andre Dimera was killing people in the the 90' as well . Was a really cool sword fight he had with John Black . Tony was banished to a tropical island by the late great Stefano Dimera . DOOL was great from 80-95 , Since then I think it's one of the worst of the 4 soaps left . I grew up watching this stuff with my mom so yep i'm still addicted to soaps . I still think some of the actors are way better then whats on primetime tv now . :)