What's new

Soap operas (1 Viewer)

tlc38tlc38

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Trent
Oops I made a boo boo. I stated that I owned year 2005 of "DAYS" but I was mistaken. I just own 1995-2004.

I think I may purchase 1984 next. I'd love to see some of the pure classic storylines.

tlc38tlc38

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Trent
Just got years 1984, 1985, & 2005 of "Days".

I now own complete years 1984, 1985, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, & 2005 of the soap.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Has Capitol ever run in syndication? I watched the first year or so...I recall really enjoying it.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I haven't seen it shown anywhere in the US since it aired on CBS between As the World Turns and Guiding Light. My Mom watched those but only once in awhile taped them. Even SoapNet didn't want it. It probably got shown outside the US.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
I have heard that as well. However, considering all of the music that must be on that show, it would be cost prohibitive to do anything with them I'm afraid.

If storage in this case means "UCLA" then music issues might be the least of your problems.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
I stumbled across this as a recommendation since I watch Dark Shadows on Amazon Prime: Bold and the Beautiful has episodes to stream beginning with episode 7000 (sometime in 2015).

tlc38tlc38

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Trent
Do '84 and '85 come with CPT's 80s Coke Lady of the time (80s Torch Lady w/Coca-Cola byline and Suzanne Ciani jingle)?

I haven’t received them in the mail yet. My guy is still working on getting them all on discs.

I’ll check when I get them but I would assume they do since they are basically VHS rips; the quality isn’t wonderful but it beats nothing at all.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
I haven’t received them in the mail yet. My guy is still working on getting them all on discs.

I’ll check when I get them but I would assume they do since they are basically VHS rips; the quality isn’t wonderful but it beats nothing at all.

Would appreciate!

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Its too bad That ABC doesn't have the first years of One life to Live. Its also too bad TOLN and Prospect Park didnt work out after ABC made the Decision to Cancel. That said, I would think it would be hard to release Soap operas due to the # of Episodes and the effort it would take to get Clearances for all episodes. Didn't; they film 200-300 Episodes a year ?

tlc38tlc38

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Trent
Its too bad That ABC doesn't have the first years of One life to Live. Its also too bad TOLN and Prospect Park didnt work out after ABC made the Decision to Cancel. That said, I would think it would be hard to release Soap operas due to the # of Episodes and the effort it would take to get Clearances for all episodes. Didn't; they film 200-300 Episodes a year ?
On average, as of recent, “DAYS” is only off about 5-7 days a year. Of course, no Saturdays or Sundays.

Real Name
Daniel
Dear Ron Lee Green:

On "The Doctors," who did the narration on the opening theme? And who was the leading man again?
I also think Alex Baldwin was on the program. You said the show moved at a snails pace, remember they did a bit more dialogue back than compared to today's.

James
Mel Brandt, who also did the "in living color" announcement back in the day, was the announcer on The Doctors for many years.

Bill Wolff announced Another World too, he was based in Brooklyn(where AW taped, back then).

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Bill Wolff announced Another World too, he was based in Brooklyn(where AW taped, back then).

And here's a closing from Another World from 1985, with that classic ending announcement of his, "Join us each weekday at this time for the continuing story of Another World."

And here's the AW title from that closing w/Procter and Gamble copyright from 1985 (captured from that clip from user bmuz):

anotherworld1985copyright.jpg

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
On average, as of recent, “DAYS” is only off about 5-7 days a year. Of course, no Saturdays or Sundays.

In general though, a Full DVD release wouldn't be practical right? I mean in the case of One life to Live there were 45 Seasons and Over 11,000 Episodes. who would have time to watch all that? :laugh:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks