What's new

So You Think You Can Dance: Season 5 (1 Viewer)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I haven't watched the finale yet, but I had to find out anyway. That is great news. This was the first full season I've seen and my first time ever voting for anyone on a competition show. It's great to have my pick win! She really delivered last night. Kayla just seemed tired and unpolished in comparison.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Having watched the finale now, I'm not sure if I like the Kodak Theater as a venue. The regular show stage has much more intimacy and the staging within the Kodak seemed a little awkward or limited in comparison.

Oh, and Jeanine's mom in profile looked like Mariska Hargitay.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I disliked the finale at the Kodak theater because the director didn't know how to make use of the cameramen or camera positions to best show off the dance numbers (the Mia Michaels number that the gals did was atrociously directed with poor camera angles).

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Cameron Yee

Having watched the finale now, I'm not sure if I like the Kodak Theater as a venue. The regular show stage has much more intimacy and the staging within the Kodak seemed a little awkward or limited in comparison.
That was my reaction as well, other than the fact that I am sure I didn't like the Kodak. However, since I like the dancers, and they mentioned the charge they get dancing in front of the >3,000 audience members, I like it for them. Evan beat out Kayla? Wow. Evan was a hard one for me. I could watch him dance all day, but I felt he was outclassed in terms of skill and didn't want him to win. I still would have chosen Brandon. I also liked seeing some of the old contestants, and the judge's choices for old routines.

I hate to keep comparing this show to AI, but when AI artists come back to visit the show, I almost don't care because I know they'll be singing something I don't really like anyway. So it's nice to see them, though not necessary nice to see them perform. I'm always pleased to see any SYTYCD alumni perform again. Welcome back Janette.

Oh, and while I'm writing (since I have to open up a different browser to do so), I meant to mention before that I was really impressed with Phillip on the finale. He looked like a dancer holding his own, not a fish out of water. Good job. His presence on the show was everything the Nigel hoped Robert Muraine's would be.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Stayed up to watch Jeanine and Philip Chbeeb on Jimmy Fallon. Direction left a bit to be desired - framed too tight most of the time and made the routine feel "small". The size of that set probably didn't help - it gives the show some intimacy for the guest interviews and such, but it does nothing for performances that need some scale.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks