What's new

so who else is dying for sega gt 2002? (1 Viewer)

paul e.

Agent
well, considering the fact that racing games are what i play almost exclusively (save a couple of fps) i am waiting for this game as impatiently as i waited for gt3. why is it that the last week or so is the hardest part of the wait :angry: . i'm hoping that this game has a mid 80s supra, cause i enjoy driving my car in games, i was bummed when they left it out of gt3. oh well, just trying to pass the time till the 4th.

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
hopefully they tighten up the control and if that happens then the Xbox has another AAA title on their hands.

Fred Bang

Stunt Coordinator
I read the review in the Official XBox Magazine. They give it 9.1 / 10.

The pros are: outstanding graphics, outstanding driving feeling, and a lot of cars.

The cons are just with the lame crashes.

Seems to bit the best driving game on the XBox.

ChrisV

Second Unit
Looks great, I'll be very interested to hear the early reviews. Anybody have any suggestions on good Xbox steering wheels?

paul e.

Agent
i can't say for sure about the in car view (i don't have it yet:angry: ) but i believe it will have the gt3 style in car (no dash) view. i did see some early videos that did show the hood, which i like better than full in car type views anyway but i don't know if it made it to final product or not.

Mike Pattee

Second Unit
What I'd like to find is a car list. I want to make sure they have newer mustangs in it. Not just the cobra R like GT3.

Mike

Trevor_J

Second Unit
Did anyone see the review they have posted on IGN? Unfortunately it's insider only and I'm not an insider.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
IGN gave the game an 8.8. Breakdown as follows:

Presentation: 7
Graphics: 9
Outstanding lighting and detailed vehicle models. More particle effects would've been nice but this definitely looks like an Xbox game.
Sound: 9
Gameplay: 8
Great racing physics and the cars feel real. Budgeting cash and tuning your car add another dimension to just racing. AI fluctuates wildly depending on race mode.
Lasting Appeal:7
It's a deep game but the pacing is way too slow in the beginning. Tracks are redundant, repetitive and raced over and over again.

Heres what they said about the tracks:

The variety of tracks in Sega GT 2002 is a weakness. By our count and discounting specialty tracks like drag racing, the oval and the forgettable rally course, there are only really a handful of tracks and you end up racing the same ones across the different game modes that the novelty quickly wears off. This is one of the areas, in addition the selection of vehicles, where Sega GT 2002 just doesn't match the numbers of Gran Turismo 3. Again the tracks are challenging with plenty of dangerous curves and tricky areas and mastering each one will change each time you get in a new car, but the volume of cars and tracks you would expect from an Xbox racing sim just isn't there.
They also mention that there are over 100 real life vehicles with real world pricing. The game supports the custom soundtrack. There is a cockpit view (the reviewer mentions how the 5.1 changes with the cockpit view). No system link as far as I I've heard.

Also the review gushes quite heavily about the 5.1 soundtrack...

Wont post the rest, you gotta be an insider to read further....sorry..

James_T

Stunt Coordinator
They have an incomplete car list somewhere in the forums at gamefaqs.com. Go to the site, and in the search spcae type in the name of the game and you can then access the boards.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks