So, who are the rumored NWO guys to be in WWF?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Luc, Jan 28, 2002.

1. Luc

Luc Stunt Coordinator

I'm surprised no one talked about the big turn of event on Smackdown at the end when Vince announced that he will destroy WWF by introducing NWO. Does anyone have any information on what NWO members will appear? And what do you think?

2. Brett Hancock

Brett Hancock Supporting Actor

Well personally I hope that they bring back Diesel/Kevin Nash and Razor Ramon/Scott Hall. Sense they did start the NWO this seems like a logical choice. Diesel was always one of my favorite wrestlers and I hope that he comes back.

3. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

The Big Lazy Kevin Nash and Scott Hall are pretty likely, as Nash's TimeWarner contract is not up. Scott Hall will be gone if he isn't over his drug/alchohol problems. Rumor also has it that Hogan will run in at Wrestlemania, having gotten on his knees and begged Vince for his job back like the others after betraying him.

4. Daryl Furkalo

Daryl Furkalo Second Unit

Well I hope Hall, Nash, and Hogan are the ones involved as they are the ones that started with the nWo when it first appeared. Unfortunately, Hall and Nash have some personal problems, and their conduct in the WCW dressing room was part of the reason WCW fell from grace and died under Turner. Hogan is so old, I really don't think he has much to offer in-ring, triple threat with 3 50+ year olds, not a good idea. If this is WWF's attempt number two with an "Invasion" type angle, with better wrestlers, sort of, I don't know if it will be much better than before. They have way too many wrestlers for the amount of programming time as it is.

5. Matt Wooten

Matt Wooten Second Unit

personally i think its a great idea from vince. those are the three men that will be coming over.. the question is when. might be tonight.. might be next week.. but they are coming. nash and hall's contracts are both up.. and i know hogan can go bc he did a match with xwf not long ago. love em or hate em they are coming. NWO

6. Thi Them

Thi Them Producer

I'd like to see Hogan, Hall, Nash and SixPac. I don't mind any new members as long as they keep the group around 5. Also, I'd like it for the WWF to debut each member periodically instead of the entire group at once. It'll make for better shows.

~T

7. Peter McDonald

Peter McDonald Stunt Coordinator

From what I've read, they are going to split the roster into two. The WWF on RAW, and the nWo on Smackdown (or vice-versa). They'll build up the credibility of the nWo for a while, then have an invasion type angle AGAIN. Hall and Nash have already signed with the WWF, and it's believed that Hogan has too. Lets hope they don't botch this angle like they did with the WCW invasion.

Peter

8. JonZ

JonZ Lead Actor

Its gonna be Hogan,Hall and Nash. They all signed last week.

The Wrestlers arent too happy about it. I dont see these 3 sticking around very long. If these guys think they can get away with their usual crap theyre wrong-just ask Marcus Bagwell(I think he lasted a week). Vince is the only show in town and its his way or he highway. I think that its only a temperary thing most definitely, and people will tune in out of curiousity.But can Hogan and Hall REALLY compete with the likes of Van Dam,Jericho,Angle who are MUCH more entertaining? No,not really-they should look pretty pathetic in the ring with the likes of those guys.

All these guys theyre brining in have a very bad track record during the later half of the 90s. Hennig has been plagued by back problems since 87 or so and never sticks around for long and Dustin Rhodes shouldnt be around long either.

Hall would show up and be gone a few weeks later. That was a major problem with WCW - they couldnt get anything going becuase the talent wouldnt stick around. If Hall or Nash had a problem, theyd disappear for 6 months. Ill never forget Hogan walking out and laying on the mat letting Sting pin him,screwing everyone who paid money to see the show. Hogan is a piece of shit.And anything he says about caring about the fans is hot air. The egos on these guys amazes me.

They need to find,bring in and develop the new HHHs,Austins, and Rocks.

Helmsley,Angle,Jericho have a work ethic that Hogan, Hall and Nash cant compare to. Vince most definitely wont let the NWO guys walk on the talent that has been there for Vince the last few years. So I think the wrestlers are worried about nothing really.