so which would u recommend as a travel golf bag..

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Eric Samonte, Jul 25, 2005.

1. Eric Samonte

Eric Samonte Screenwriter

Padded or the more solid one? I keep hearing contradicting statements so I was wondering what the consensus here is....

2. Jeff B.

Jeff B. Stunt Coordinator

Well I've tried both type, and I definetely prefer the kind that totally encase the bag with hard plastic. These undoubtedly offer the most complete protection - at the cost of being considerably heavier then the cloth/padded enclosures. I have a hard case model that has wheels, so weight isn't that much of an issue.

There are newer styles out there that are kind of a hybrid, hard plastic protection at the top, with padded protection the rest of the way down. This is pointless to me. I'm not worried about stainless steel, and titanium golf heads, I'm worried about my shafts being broken, dented, or bent.
    The only inbetween bag I might consider would be http://www.golfsmith.com/products/23334 It looks very hefty, and they claim all the pros use it, so it must be pretty good. [​IMG]

Get whatever you feel will best protect your beloved clubs [​IMG] Just remember those baggage guys don't give special treatment to any luggage.

3. Mike Voigt

Mike Voigt Supporting Actor

Solid one - definitely. Much more protection on the baggage band. Even better, might be oversize and available for pickup sans toss.

4. Ari

Ari Stunt Coordinator

If I were to get one, I'd probably get the Last Bag one mentioned above. Just make sure to put a broomstick or dowel that's an inch or two longer than your driver (or longest club) together with the clubs just in case it the bag gets tossed upside down.....