So where do you watch your TV Shows?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Dave Scarpa, Jan 17, 2006.

1. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    The Backlog of TV Shows grow exponentially so to keep up I think you have to be somewhat inventive. Where are you watching your TV Dvd's?

Me when I get a box set the first thing I do is convert them to a format viewable on both my Ipod and Axim 51V PDA. I can usually burn off at least a 30 min show at lunch. Lately I've been watching my Eps of Rifleman and Season 3 of Have Gun Will Travel.

With the few shows in Prime time and other things I would never get to see all these things. Adv of Superman S2 will be going in Rotation Next.

2. Amy Mormino

Amy Mormino Supporting Actor

I watch mine on a laptop or on a portable player via an adaptor. I am a U.S. student in the UK and I have been to South Korea for long periods of time, so my DVDs travel with me. Your ipod idea is something I'll consider for the future.

3. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    The Ipod screen is perfect for TV shows I would'nt watch movies on it but 25-45 minute chunks works well. If you encode in AVC format they end up being around 250-400 meg, you ccan fit alot on a 60 giger

4. Sean.S

Sean.S Stunt Coordinator

I'm old fashioned, I guess, but I watch my TV shows on a TV. :wink:

Mainly, I watch them on my family's NICE HDTV (especially if they're widescreen) or my own flatscreen 4:3 20" that's in my room. Occasionally, I'll watch one on the home computer.

5. MarkHastings

MarkHastings Executive Producer

It depends on the show. As far as the Simpons, I have to watch that on my HT TV screen, but as far as Cheers or Seinfeld, I have a 15" flat screen in my kitchen and I hooked up my old DVD player to it. It's perfect because I can get in one full episode while making and eating dinner. If I'm preparing a longer meal, I can get in 2 episodes.

6. Allison

Allison Auditioning

I am the same way! [​IMG] That, and I don't have a portable DVD player at my disposal. Such is in the life of a college student. [​IMG]

7. ElijahS

ElijahS Supporting Actor

Currently, I use my laptop's DVD player (student here). I'm still trying to get my TV down to my dorm, so when I do (and/or when I go home), I watch on my flatscreen 20" TV.

8. Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis Producer

Same here, on a Sony Wega 36" set. Usually watch a "1-hr" series, then follow with a 30-min comedy "chaser" [​IMG]

9. Elizabeth S

Elizabeth S Producer

Elizabeth S
    I usually watch them on TV at home. I do also have a portable DVD player, which I used to watch many episodes of "Veronica Mars" during lunch at work.