What's new

So what's your opinion of Van Wilder? (1 Viewer)

Tom Rags

Supporting Actor
I was considering purchasing this sight-unseen from Bestbuy.com since they have a $10 coupon in effect. Who saw this movie? Is it worth the ~$7.99 or so that it will cost after the coupon?

I've done a search, and it seems not many people saw this movie. Any thoughts?

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
It's bad. I believe I've currently got it down as the worst of the 75 year-2002 movies I've seen so far, and there are others who think my one-star rating is kind. I came in expecting to laugh once or twice, since I had actually liked Ryan Reynolds on "Two Guys, A Girl, and a Pizza Place", but did not.

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
From the HTF 2002 Film List...
Jason Whyte gave it zero stars (out of four).
Bill Harris gave it zero stars (out of five).
Mark Pfeiffer gave it an F.
Jason Seaver gave it one star (out of four).
Michael Perez gave it a five (out of ten).
Nick Sievers gave it zero stars (out of four).
JohnS gave it zero stars (out of five).
Matthew Chmiel (moi) gave it three stars (out of four).
Scott Weinberg gave it one and a half stars (out of five).
Andrew Schwarz gave it a C.
So out of all those people, I was the only one to like it... and now I look like a complete idiot. :)

Matt Pelham

Screenwriter
I thought it was the worst kind of comedy. One with completely insulting stereotypical characters, terrible writing, unfunny and unnessessary "gross out" scenes, but then it tries to be sincere and make us care towards the end. One of the worst movies I've seen all year, Definitely not worth $7.99.

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
Ill chime in here with my opinion. I thought it was a hilarious movie. Definitely worth 7.99, but if you dont like it you can sell it on ebay for at least 12-15 bucks and then you have made a nice little profit.
and now I look like a complete idiot.:)
At least you are not the only now.:)

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
If you're a fan of the teen flick, I certainly wouldn't laugh at you for maybe renting it or watching it on cable. Purchase? No way. :thumbsdown:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks