What's new

so what's in your car? (1 Viewer)

Todd Christ

Stunt Coordinator
Ford SVT Contour
Kenwood KDC-7011 CD/Receiver w/optional input for MP3 player
12" LASound Subwoofer in a ported 2.0cf cabinet
Orion 6 channel amplifier pushing the sub
soon to add Pioneer 1" tweeters in the front, and switch out the stock 6x8's for some Focal 6.5" drivers :)
:star:cheers!:star:

Chris Bedard

Stunt Coordinator
You can look at my website to see mine (in the signature).

I have a Pioneer DEHP8200r headunit.

Infinity Kappa 6.05cse separates up front (6.5" mids with separate 1" ceramic dome tweeters)

Orion 6.5" separates in rear.

2 Lanzar DCPro Comp 12" subwoofers

Power Acoustik FIX1200 amp (1200 watts bridged to subs)

Power Acoustik FIX600 amp (90 watts x 4)

Kevin Potts

Second Unit
In a 1992 Mazda B2600i,

Alpine 7863 head unit

Rockford Fosgate 120a2

Rockford Fosgate 360a2

JL Audio Power Wedge w/3-10"

Clarion speakers in the rear

Memphis Audio speakers in the front

BTW, does anyone know of any problems with the 7863 or if Circuit City has sold these units "remanufactured" in the past? I'm having serious troubles with face unit dropping out and my warranty is almost expired.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Oh, you wanted to know about stereo equipment. That's good because I don't think I should be talking about the bodies in my trunk....doh!!

Richard Cooper

Stunt Coordinator
A POS goodmans lump, until I can be bothered to put hte alarm in it from my old heap. Then in goes a sony MD headunit and some JBL 6x9's + 8"sub Nothing special, but I only use the thing for about 10 miles a day, and it is only a VW polo...

Dan Whalen

Stunt Coordinator
Clarion h/u. I can't remember the model. I think it's CZX-615 or something like that.
Stock front speakers (ewww!)
MTX Thunder 275x
12" Adire Audio Shiva
1997 Ext. cab Sonoma
The stock speakers do sound decent. And as always, I'm looking to redo my system AGAIN. Thinking of going with Adire's new Brahma:D .
Dan

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
In my 1966 Plymouth Barracuda:

Panasonic CD head unit (not sure of the model#)

Kenwood amp 45x2 for rear 10" subs

Kenwood amp 30x2 front mids

Targa amp 80x2 front 6" subs

Sherwood Parametric EQ/sub crossover

2 Kenwood 6" subs kinda in the middle

2 Pioneer 6" mids up front

2 Kenwood 1" tweeters up front(powered off the 45x2 head unit)

2 10" Kicker Competition subs in a 7th order bandpass enclosure.

Monster speaker cable and Phoenix Gold interconnects and power block.

Shawn Sefranek

Second Unit
What’s the matter, nobody has Twin SVS system in their car like me :D:D:D ???
Link Removed
Just kidding, this photo was taken as a SPOOF for the Acura CL site that I visit regularly.
I really have a simple Subwoofer box with twin 10” Alumapro drivers powered by a 400 Watt Kicker AMP.
Shawn S

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Shawn :laugh:
um... I guess I am the boring regulare guy... I just have the very very nice Japanese factory-installed 3-function TAPE/CD/AM-FM player that comes with the Rav 4... 4 speakers, two tweeters... it is actually a very nice package. :D

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Let's see:

Wendy's Big Bacon Classic wrapper, circa 1996

A couple of what used to be fries

Various bits of loose change

Pine needles, birch and maple leaves

Dog hair

Oh stereo? Um, a non working stock thing....oops...

mark_d

Second Unit
Shit, generally.

A child seat, sunglasses, tapes (The Lion King soundtrack is continually going), mud, buscuit crumbs, fingernail chewings, nosehair...

The stereo?

Shit, generally...

Mark

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Sony CD Head unit, I forget the model name, I used to have a Mobile ES unit that was on closeout for $400 but now I have a no frills CD unit cause I realize I just don't care too much about car audio and I started to commute by bike. My last head unit started blowing fuses and it's not worth it to fix it in the age of disposable electronics. The rest of my stereo is stock. I bought the sony because a BMW head unit with CD player is a friggin' ripoff and so is their CD changer and at the time there was no aftermarket changer that you can use. I think there is now but haven't bothered to look into it.
The rest that is in my car:
1) Two headed bear from a wedding I went to long time ago. Half the bear is a guy and half is a girl (with pink bow).
2) Bungee cord that I use for my Thule 599 upright bike carrier which is missing a tire clamp so I use a bungee cord
3)Spare change for gas and tolls
4)seat lint
5)registration and insurance
6)CD's for CD player
7)a pen
That's it, everything else came with the car or is on the outside which is a different topic!
:)
Jay

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
I have all factory speakers in the 99 Grand Prix so its nothing special. Clarion head unit that is way to sensitive to scuffed discs. I bought it though because the saleskid said it was the only unit they had with an aux input so I can easily just hook up the portable Sony MZ R70 minidisc player. I was never happy with the sound of the MD player(and in a car, thats a BIG problem) but I just recently changed the sensitivity of the head unit to "high" and oh man what a difference. Now I can actually hear the music.

I keep my camping gear in the trunk. Thers no need to now since its -15C outside and I don't do much winter camping. But I think its just out of habit from when I was wheeling around in the '81 olds. I just never knew driving that thing when I would need to use the stove and sleeping bag.

Kevin P

Screenwriter
Aside from the standard stuff (seats, steering wheel, dead bugs, etc.) :), my Saturn SL2 contains:
  • Sony MDX-C5970 AM/FM/MiniDisc head unit
  • Sony Xplod CDX-737 10-CD changer in trunk
  • Saturn factory speakers (haven't gotten around to replacing them)
  • Valentine 1 Radar Locator, stealth mounted
An inexpensive (other than the V1), humble system in an inexpensive, humble car but it does the job.
KJP

SteveA

Supporting Actor
I have a factory-installed BOSE system in my Nissan Maxima. Yes, I know BOSE products are over-priced pieces of dung, but this system actually sounds pretty damn good - and it came with the car.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks