What's new

So what games are you playing right now? (1 Viewer)

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
So Morgan, you're playing a game you ragged & ragged on when it got launched for the DC? ;)
Me, I'm playing Demolition Racer: No Exit, a minor DC release that turns out to be a lot of fun. It's an update on the Demolition Derby game, nice presentation, nice courses, and it's really fun to play a game where winning the race usually means you've lost. :)
The other DC game eating time is Silver, another minor DC game. A UK developed action "RPG" that's really more of an adventure game. You don't really level up, even though there's a mechanism in place for it. nice graphics, lovely sound, and it's a nice twist on the usual Japanese console RPGs. For a fiver, I'm enjoying it.
And that's honestly all I've got time for, despite having a huge backlog of DC games to play. And I've got Wipeout3SE sitting here & I can't find a way to play it :-(

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Brian-

I also beat Shenmue and Crazy Taxi.

As of right now, I have no other games that I haven't beaten. I'm VERY interested to see how the classic Sonic level is done in 3-D, and since there's only one way to get to it...

Though if I had gotten the level already, I wouldn't be playing it.

And I didn't rag on it at launch. I actually showed some interest in buying it, but after buying it, found out how much it actually sucked.

And might I point out that your comment adds nothing to the conversation. I got ragged on in another thread for this, so I would hope that you would follow the same thing (I also had a point to what I said, regardless of the fact that it was off-topic).

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
And I accidently pressed send before finishing my message, sorry Morgan. It was a joking comment.

If you've still got it for your DC, go download a saved game with all emblems. That'll open it up for you straightaway.

Yoshi Sugawara

Stunt Coordinator
I'm lightsaber-ing and force-pushing my way through Jedi Knight 2 right now, and also playing some Tekken 4 as well.

JK2 got a lot better after you get the lightsaber and force powers. The blaster gunplay was sooo boring (open door, "Hey, you there!", wipe out stormtroopers and imperials who strafe like crazy), but the lightsaber is a lot better.

Tekken 4 is really fun - I just wish I have someone to play against.

Bjorn Olav Nyberg

Supporting Actor
Gran turismo 3 was about the only game I played for a longer amount of time (I got into the PS2 very late) but this monday I got James Bond 007: agent under fire, and most of my spare time (which has sadly been way too little this week) has been spent playing that game

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
The only things that have been in my PS2 for the past three months are "This Is Spinal Tap" and NHL2002. That game is just so addicting, I just came off my second straight Stanley Cup!

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
If you've still got it for your DC, go download a saved game with all emblems. That'll open it up for you straightaway
Thats the problem, I don't have it for DC. I borrowed a friend's copy for a week or so when he got it, then gave it back. I'm stuck with the GCN version.

Damn Chao Racing/Karate....

Duane Robinson

Second Unit
Xbox:
SSX Tricky
Rallisport Challenge
DOA3
PS2:
NBA Street
Devil May Cry
Dreamcast:
Marvel VS Capcom 2
Virtual On: OT
Tech Romancer
Soul Calibur
SNES:
Donkey Kong Country 1,2,3
Yoshi's Island (the only Mario game I can stand)
Killer Instinct
Dragonball Z: Hyper Dimension
Samurai Showdown
Contra 3
Earthworm Jim 1 and 2
Tetris 3
Super Mario Kart (Ok, so this is a Mario Game too, but it's not the jumping kind :D )
Pacman
Gundam Wing
Super Street Fighter 2
World Heroes 2
PC:
Hoyle Board Games 3
Hoyle Word Games

Calvin Watts III

Supporting Actor
Right now,
Its these games:
XBox: Spiderman & Halo
GC: Rogue Leader
N64: Donkey Kong 64,007:TWINE,& SW:Battle for Naboo
I should be getting a replacement Sega CD in soon.
Then it will be old-school gameplay :D
Calvin

Evelio Figueroa

Second Unit
Gamecube:
Bloody Roar. Its an interesting game. I played the 1st one on the PS. The Gamecube version is the best I've seen.
I've been playing Super Smash Brothers Melee for quite a while. Since I unlocked all the characters, hidden stages, sound test, All-stars, finished all 51 events, I could say I'm finished. But I still have a few trophies to snag before I stop playing! I can't believe the number of re-tries I made just to get the Giga Bowswer trophy. :D
I'm also playing Halo on the Xbox and Jak and Daxster for the PS2.

Dan B

Screenwriter
I've gone back to Project Gotham Racing on the Xbox recently & am trying to finish that one up. I'm just about finished with the Kudos Challenge mode, but I don't think I have the "skillz" or patience to unlock all of the medals that unlock the paint jobs on all of the cars. Some of those are f'in tough!!! I've already put about 50 hours into this game...good stuff.
Also playin':
-Rallisport Challenge
-Gunvalkyrie I have to sit down & play this for 2 hours just to get the controller coordination back every time.
-Dan B (not that one-the other one)

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Jeez, now I know what launch day PS2 owners felt like. My Gamecube hasn't even been hooked up since I beat Pikmin in early February. If I had a rental place nearby, it might have been different.

Not all is lost, however. I have been playing Golden Sun since late February. It's not the most awesome RPG I've ever played (the cut scenes are so slow and boring it's like being drowned in molasses), but it's clever enough at enough points to justify playing. I've spent $430 on my GCN and $150 on my GBA, and I've logged four times as much time on my GBA (which I only bought in February). Course, the fact that it's portable helps -- what a great time-killer! I need to commmute into the city a couple of times a week for work, and instead of reading magazines, I whip out the GBA for the ride. Thank god for rechargable NiMH batteries.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
A friend and I won a poster contest at school (it was a proverb poster contest between two classes and we won "best overall," even though we handed it in late and spent like 10 minutes total on it - goes to show the quality of education at my school) so I should be getting a free Blockbuster rental ticket as a prize. I need to think about what I want to rent, though. Any GCN/PS2 suggestions?

AllenD

Second Unit
My first PC game...Half Life: Blue Shift. Great graphics and control, for my first PC game, but I'm stuck. :frowning:

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Just got Final Fantasy Tactics and Castlevania: Circle of the Moon today, so it looks like Sonic's being set aside for the next several hundred hours of gameplay.

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Going back into the archives, I found Planescape: Torment for PC. I never did finish it so I figured I'd give it another shot. So far, so good though I forget how to exactly get my guy to pick up the wizard class.
:confused:

John Spencer

Supporting Actor
John,

Go to the "slums" section (name escapes me, but I know it is northwest of the first city section), then the lady should be in a shack in the southwest of that section.

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
I'm thinking I've found her but I can't persuade her to teach me. Plus, I just can't get that tiefling to join the party. I insult her and she just won't join.

As for other games in this genre, anyoine heard about Icewind Dale 2? I've only sen a magazine ad for it and it doesn't offer much info on the gameplay.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks