So what did you guys think of the new Slipknot CD?

Discussion in 'Music' started by BrionL, Jun 5, 2004.

1. BrionL

BrionL Stunt Coordinator

I think it is pretty good. A little different from their other two releases. This one seems more melodic and thoughtful than the other two.

Brion

2. Garrett Lundy

Garrett Lundy Producer

I just "browsed" the album by listening to 30 secs of each song on iTunes (How i do all my muisc shopping now, listen at itunes and buy the cd on amazon)

Is this the same band? The one with three drummers that had such songs at Sic, eyeless, and heretic?? With the live-show drum solo that lasted several minutes and invloved a platform that raised the drummer, spun him around and INVERTED him all during the same speed-drumming solo?!?!

Man, Slipknot is getting soft.

Its an OK cd, but it doesnt really sound like slipknot anymore.

Kinda like Metallica after they released LOAD. (good, but not the same at all)

3. Tony-B

Tony-B Producer

Well, I really think that it is a very good album. Sure, their old stuff kicked serious ass too, but it's nice to have a change from their typical sound of super pissed off. The only thing in their catalog that can compare to the melodic feel and creativity of Vol. 3 is the first album (which is now out of print), Mate Feed Kill Repeat.

If you think about it, most of the songs (I'd say 9 of them) on this album are still heavy.

4. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

Uber-strong or not, I really like the new album. I wasn't the world's biggest fan of Iowa, and this really washes the bad taste out of my mouth.

I've got to agree with you there. This doesn't sound like the same ol' Eyeless Slipknot, but they sound much more well-rounded this time around.

5. Tony-B

Tony-B Producer

Absolutely true!

OK, I think that this should be OK to post because this album is totally out of print right now. If one of the mods doesn't want this posted, then please send me a private message, and I'll take down the links ASAP.

In case any of you want to hear Mate Feed Kill Repeat, then go over to MFKR1.com and you can download the entire album or stream it there for free. They also have some old basement recordings, live shows, an unreleased album, and some demos there if you are interested.

Here are the direct links to download the MFKR songs...

1. Slipknot
    2. Gently
    3. Do Nothing/Bitchslap
    4. Only One
    5. Tattered And Torn
    6. Confessions
    7. Some Feel
    8. Killers Are Quiet/Hidden Track: Dogfish Rising

6. Kevin T

Kevin T Screenwriter

well i guess i'm in the minority. it's absolute shit in my opinion. either slipknot is going soft or rick rubin has lost his touch.

kevin t

7. Tony-B

Tony-B Producer

I think it's that Slipknot is going soft. Rick Rubin did an amazing job producing it, in my opinion.