What's new

So we're getting "Smallville"...Any chance of "Lois & Clark"?? (1 Viewer)

John Simon

Second Unit
I'm not sure how many of you are fans of Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman", but I'd certainly like to see this series released to DVD. I seem to remember DVDFile reporting a couple years ago that a couple eps were scheduled to be released, but nothing ever came of that. Anyone think there's a chance of seeing this show hit DVD in the near future?

DaveBB

Supporting Actor
May have to wait for syndication rights to clear. Then again it's showing on TNT so it may be a moot point.

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
LOIS AND CLARK ran for four seasons, 1993-97. Columbia House is offering the series on DVD, but it is just 2 shows per disc.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Well for me, Season sets or fugghedaboutit. I'm a big Trekkie, (Trekker), but no TOS due to lack of season sets.

John Simon

Second Unit
In regards to the Columbia House version, there are 2 eps per disc for (I believe) $24.95. And there's still no guarantee that all the eps will be released. This show had quite a large "cult" following, and I hope WB at least releases the first season to test the waters at some point.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
Lois and Clark was shot 16x9. It was running concurrently with Babylon 5, and I read several stories about both using the wider frame in preparation for HDTV. I should hope that when the DVDs come they'll be 16x9 anamorphic.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Was it really four seasons? Didn't seem that long!
If Lois & Clark were to be released in season sets, I'd be buyin 'em! :D

Gabe D

Senior HTF Member
I ordered the Columbia House DVDs. A month or 2 later I got a letter saying that they were no longer able to offer that series on DVD. I believe they still sell it on VHS.

Tony Kwong

Supporting Actor
I still have some of the old HK LaserDisc of this show. If I would have known about a DVD release...

Randy_M

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Randy
Lois and Clark was one show we never missed when it was on...and we watch VERY little broadcast or cable TV

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks