What's new

So, should my buddy get his system ISF-calibrated? (1 Viewer)

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
He has this really state-of-the-art system based around an awesome 25-inch GE direct-view set, a RadioShack/Realistic stereo receiver, and these great-sounding offbrand speakers some guys sold him out of a truck. And he just bought this great DVD player for only $80 at Target.

Well, we've given the system a run-through with AVIA and Video Essentials. But my friend believes this system can be made to look and sound even better.

Is it time to call the Imaging Science Foundation? My buddy says cost is no object.

Matt Stryker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt
Given his equipment list, I'd say cost is an object. You can do the squeeze trick on the GE though; keohihdtv has service menu instructions, and it does somewhat work.

I had a GE 3 TVs ago (man, it sounds wierd saying that) and it was an OK performer. But he should consider the Akai 27" flatscreen. Good performer that doesn't cost a lot. Then he should think about the ISF guy coming by.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
D'oh!

(Now my buddy is intrigued by a 24-inch Sylvania he saw at K-Mart. "Only the best will do," he said to me, while I nodded vigously in agreement.)

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
Jack,

You better watch that vigorous nodding, I've heard it can scramble your brains.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
And, judging by my post, it looks like my scrambled brains have interfered with my ability to spell. I need to stop nodding so vigorously. But state-of-the-art brands such as Sylvania, GE, Bose, Realistic, and the like leave me in awe.

Bill Slack

Supporting Actor
If you turn on the fleshtone correction is does pretty much what an ISF will try to charge you $400 for. Tell him to save his money and buy the complete collection of Jerry Burckheimer Classics instead.
:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks