What's new

So no "qatsi" trilogy? (1 Viewer)

Tom Tsai

Supporting Actor
I just realized that the both Koyaanisqatsi and Powaqqatsi are released by MGM while the upcoming Naqoyqatsi is being released by Buena Vista. Does that mean trilogy boxsets of any kind is out of the question? Just want to make sure before I buy them separately.

Matt_P

Second Unit
I'd highly doubt a "trilogy" box will be released, due to the MGM/Buena Vista conflict. Also, if it hasn't been announced by now, it's probably not going to happen. It would be nice though.

I say go ahead and buy these cinematic masterworks ASAP. I can't wait to see Naqoyqatsi, since I missed it in the theatre.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Never say never. Aren't the movies of the Baz Luhrmann "Red Curtain Trilogy" box from different studios?

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
The films of Stanley Kubrick are from different studios:

Warners has most of them but Dr. Strangelove is Columbia/Tristar, Spartacus is Universal, and Paths of Glory is MGM. But the Warners and Columbia disks were sold together....

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Not to mention the numerous boxsets of the Terminator films sold over the years... all of these are from different studios!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks