1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

So my 32XBR450 arrived, and...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Erik_C, Oct 20, 2001.

1. Erik_C

Erik_C Stunt Coordinator

I love it. Although it does need a visit from the ISF man.
    Here's my question. I was watching the Godfather DVD, and set the TV to do 3:2 pulldown. Then later I'm watching the Yankees game, and realize the TV's still in 3:2 pulldown mode. I put the tv back to DRC interlaced mode, but I don't notice a difference. What would I lose if I kept the tv in 3:2 all the time? DRC interlace and 3:2 didn't look different from other when the source was cable.
    -Erik

2. ChrisMatson

ChrisMatson Cinematographer

I have the 36XBR450 and I am wondering the same thing. I am also wondering how the set will handle a 720P signal. I don't much about HDTV, but I am thinking about delving into OTA. I know that the set will not display 720P, but what happens when it gets the signal? BTW, I am also in DC.

3. Tan_U

Tan_U Stunt Coordinator

I was wondering should you leave the DRC mode on when watching a DVD with progressive scan?

4. Allan Mack

Allan Mack Supporting Actor

You should take the DRC out of CineMotion (ie., 3:2 pulldown) when viewing regular cable. Otherwise, you'll see combing from time to time. Leave it on CineMotion for film-based DVDs when hooked up to an interlaced DVD player.
    For the special features (ie., documentaries, interviews, etc.) put the DRC into Interlace mode; otherwise you might experience combing.
    If you have a progressive scan DVD player hooked up, the DRC will be disabled...