So my 32XBR450 arrived, and...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Erik_C, Oct 20, 2001.

1. Erik_C

Erik_C Stunt Coordinator

I love it. Although it does need a visit from the ISF man.
    Here's my question. I was watching the Godfather DVD, and set the TV to do 3:2 pulldown. Then later I'm watching the Yankees game, and realize the TV's still in 3:2 pulldown mode. I put the tv back to DRC interlaced mode, but I don't notice a difference. What would I lose if I kept the tv in 3:2 all the time? DRC interlace and 3:2 didn't look different from other when the source was cable.
    -Erik

2. ChrisMatson

ChrisMatson Cinematographer

I have the 36XBR450 and I am wondering the same thing. I am also wondering how the set will handle a 720P signal. I don't much about HDTV, but I am thinking about delving into OTA. I know that the set will not display 720P, but what happens when it gets the signal? BTW, I am also in DC.

3. Tan_U

Tan_U Stunt Coordinator

I was wondering should you leave the DRC mode on when watching a DVD with progressive scan?

4. Allan Mack

Allan Mack Supporting Actor

You should take the DRC out of CineMotion (ie., 3:2 pulldown) when viewing regular cable. Otherwise, you'll see combing from time to time. Leave it on CineMotion for film-based DVDs when hooked up to an interlaced DVD player.
    For the special features (ie., documentaries, interviews, etc.) put the DRC into Interlace mode; otherwise you might experience combing.
    If you have a progressive scan DVD player hooked up, the DRC will be disabled...