What's new

So is this the year Buena Vista FINALLY starts releasing it's back catalogue? (1 Viewer)

David Coleman

Supporting Actor
With upcoming announced releases such as: TOMBSTONE:VS, DICK TRACY, RUTHLESS PEOPLE, 3 MEN AND A BABY, it makes me wonder if Buena Vista is getting serious about their back catalog. Of all the studios it seems to me that they have virtually ignored them except for the animated titles.

Hope this is a sign of them moving in the right direction!

David

Bruce Morrison

Supporting Actor
If they are getting serious about their back catalog, they should be putting 'The Ref' near the top of their list. I can't believe they haven't released this one on DVD yet.

Will K

Screenwriter
If they are getting serious about their back catalog, they should be putting 'The Ref' near the top of their list. I can't believe they haven't released this one on DVD yet.
Thank you! BV, I want this one for next Xmas!

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
Yep, and bare-bones only, too! No theatrical trailers on the majority of the titles (I'm still bummed about this), no extras, and we still don't know if they'll do OAR. No definitive answers, and extras do exist, but we won't get them. Aren't we lucky?:angry: ;)
Sincerely,
John "Disney, at least make them OAR" Kilduff

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
...and it looks like they may be getting ready to release SONG OF THE SOUTH-

WDHV has a web page (listed in thread on HTSoftware) asking for a vote as to see what support it would have for VHS/DVD release.

Curiously, below there are credits listing technical specs, stars, etc, And it has also been assigned ISBN and UPC codes! no cat # yet though...

I would say the time is near...

Now if only we can get 20000 LEAGUES UNDER THE SEA...

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
Here's a list of DVDs I'd like to buy if Disney would release them to the format:

Houseguest (1.85:1 anamorphic, 5.1)

Jungle 2 Jungle (1.85:1 anamorphic, 5.1)

The Muppet Christmas Carol (1.85:1 anamorphic, 5.0 or 5.1)

Tom and Huck (2.35:1 anamorphic, 5.1)

Cheetah

Man of the House (1.85:1 anamorphic, 5.1)

Jack

There are more, but that's all I can think of for now. Really want them to come to DVD!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks