What's new

So I won this 27-inch Panny. (1 Viewer)

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
My primary freelance client is a Santa Barbara-based telecom outfit for whom I write promotional materials (brochures, catalog, sales literature, Web content, etc.). And I was onsite today to do some urgent work. It was also the day of the office holiday party.

The lobby-reception area was stacked with 20-inch Sony WEGAs, 27-inch Panasonics, and 27-inch Zeniths (all in their cartons), along with Palm Pilots and other electronic goodies. We each had to draw a number, and when it was called, the lucky person could designate which was his or her gift.

By the time my number came up, I was able to pick a Panasonic CT-27D12D direct-view set.

I already have a lot of TVs, but who's complaining? We were also given the receipts, and were told we can use them to exchange our gifts for something of equivalent value at Circuit City.

So I'm thinking of seeing what kinds of speaker stands CC might be selling.

Weird, huh?

(Nice client, too. It was a pretty classy gesture.)

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Why don't you go get yourself a digital camera so we can see pictures of Attila and yourself? I'd like to know if you fit my vision of a grubby, world-weary photo-journalist who saw action behind a camera in 'Nam!

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
that's awesome jack! one can never have too many tv's. i suppose you could roof-mount it in your bathroom.
ted tries to clear image out of his head... :)
on a slightly different note, cc has some decent stands...and they're inexpensive. you should have enough credit left over to really stick it to the music/video department!

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Too funny Jack. I just won a 20" Apex digital TV at our company X-mas party. I'm going to take it back to CC and get credit for it. DVD's here I come:)
Congrats on the win.
Peace Out~:D

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Ron, cool!

I agree with Ted that one can never have too many TVs, but, man, I'm running out of room. My apartment is starting to look like an A/V showroom. Speakers everywhere. TVs. Electronics. Man.

A digital camera seems nice, too. But I'm in dire need of speaker stands.

I also kind of want to take the TV out of its box and check the picture out. However, I really love my 27-inch Toshiba in the bedroom. Maybe make the Panny a hallway TV?

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
I'd like to know if you fit my vision of a grubby, world-weary photo-journalist who saw action behind a camera in 'Nam!
Max, I've met Jack and he's definitely not grubby. He is something of a 60s throwback though. :) He's also capable of getting that "faraway look" ("Jupiter, and beyond the Infinite"). :)

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
Congrats Jack, from a gentleman who has never won even a 20 oz. coke.

but our christmas party is Monday, and ironically enough it is chock full of electronics 27" t.v's, dvd players, 1 HT system (low-end Sony) and Best Buy gift cards, kind of a theme, huh ? That's probably because yours truly was in charge of the raffle gifts this year.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
If I remember correctly, it's been awhile, it is a Full Sail Amber, one of my favorite ambers.
Peace Out~:D

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
I just did an Eat and Run at my company's xmas party. I went in, picked up my 60 minute phone card and ate a plate of watermelon and canteloupe and ran out to beat the friday traffic. (I did!).
I find it boring to sit there while the big shots blab on about how great the company is... Zzzzzzzz and I have no desire to hobknob with them either. Unfortunately I'm also not a big drinker so the free bud or mixed drink isn't that great for me either. I did pick up a ticket for the door prizes but I wont know til Monday if I've won anything.. One year they declared you had to be there to win but I guess too many prizes went unclaimed so I think they recinded that idea the next year :)
Good luck with the 27" Panny Jack, it's 7 inches bigger than my 20" Sony :)
Jay

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Nice prize Jack, BTW. Unfortunately, every speaker stand I have seen, I instantly hated or horrified by the sticker price.

Right now, I'm using a cheap Ikea adjustable folding table (surface 20"x12") to hold up my center speaker. Only 20 Canuckbucks, and it is wood!

If you find a good set of speaker stands, you think you can post pics?

Julie hates seafood, and I hate speaker stands.

EDIT: Obviously, I have an aversion to the word speaker.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks