What's new

So I spent a night with Halo, and... (1 Viewer)

Damien

Supporting Actor
switching the difficulty past normal is a whole new ballgame with the flood.

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Im actually finishing the Maw (final level) now. Im in the middle I think. What are your weapons of choice? Me: shotgun/machine gun combo.

BTW Im glad I wasnt the only one to crap myself when the Flood started swarming in the swamp level.

Masood Ali

Supporting Actor
In single-player, my weapon of choice is the shotty. Pistol on open levels, machine gun for corridor levels.

Paul Wu

Stunt Coordinator
The pistol and shotgun. The pistol is probably one of the most powerful weapons out there.

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
The pistol is powerful in multiplayer, but I didn't find it all too effective against the Covenant. (YMMV, of course) For them I carried a plasma pistol. One charged-up shot to destroy the Elite's shield, and a few more blasts to finish him off.

Shotgun is a must, though!

I also liked the needler's homing abilities against the Elite, because they were always ducking behind something. I would line it up, and when the targeting reticle turned red I would unload a full clip. The little needles would track, attack, and then explode, many times setting off a chain reaction among grenade-carrying grunts. :)

Bottom line, I think all the weapons are useful at different points in the game (good job on weapon balance by Bungie, there). Even the assault rifle has its place against the headcrabs, although I found it pretty crummy against everything else.

Jared_B

Supporting Actor
Dave, I agree about the assault rifle. I found it totally ineffective in 98% of the situations. Since it fires a nice spread of bullets, it's a great weapon for beginners. Once you really learn how to aim, the pistol is the weapon of choice. I try to carry one long-range and one short-range weapon at all times. Sniper/shotgun, pistol/shotgun are both great combos.

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
Holy killshots, I forgot about the sniper! Yeah, that sucker kicks major tail until the flood. Especially against those big ugly Hunters, although I have to say my favorite part of the game was beating those big goons to death with the butt of my pistol. :) Still, for long range fraggage, that sniper is butter.

Dan B

Screenwriter
All I need is a plasma pistol and my bare hands. :D
Seriously, the plasma pistol can fire at a fairly fast rate (manually), can charge up for a devasting blast, and locks onto and tracks down your opponents. It rules! Secondary weapon of choice would be the shotgun. I also like the plasma rifle as a secondary weapon, but the charge doesn't last too long.

Ben_Hud

Stunt Coordinator
those of you who are sniper fans.. i never been able to get good at it, but im playing with a group every week now so i need to get better. any suggestions? very leading targets, shooting out people out of jeeps, and stuff?

right now im a pistol, shotty fan. my sensitivitly is set at 5, boxer /defualt control style

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
Ben, if you are playing multiplayer I would stick with the pistol. Excellent stopping power, gigantic clip, speedy rate of fire, and the zoom doesn't eliminate your peripheral vision. I think the pistol is really the ultimate weapon in multiplayer; get good with that and you will rule. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks