What's new

so i saw 'they might be giants' this past weekend (1 Viewer)

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
at carnegie mellon university near pittsburgh. i had heard of them, but my gf was excited to see them. they were decent, i dont know if i would buy a cd though. a ton of people knew every word to the songs, i was surprised. was in the cmu gymnasium, and the band called it "the shittiest acoustics weve played in" or something like that. the good thing, they said, was that the show would be echoing around the gym for the freshman to hear next year, it was kinda funny. we wanted to see the jurassic 5 show the next night in the gym, but the lines were MUCH longer for that one, and it was 70 outside. anyway, i dont go to many concerts, thought i'd write about it. any tmbg fans here?

CJ

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
I've been a TMBG fan for around a decade now, and I'd probably be one of those mildly annoying people pogoing around, singing all the songs word for word. I've never been that impressed with them live, though, and after seeing them a few times, I haven't felt the urge in the past few years to trek over to Atlanta to give them a look. They're much more of a 'studio band' than a live act, in my opinion, and if you liked their live show, I think you'd really get a kick out of pretty much any of their albums.

Camp

Senior HTF Member
They're a fun band. I've seen them live 3 or 4 times and have always been surprised at how good they are. Part of that is how much louder they play live...they're almost a different band.

Saw them once with Frank Black. It was very cool because frank played solo (frank, a guitar and a mic).

Zane Charron

Second Unit
I love TMBG, though I'll be the first to admit that they aren't the greatest act live. 'Flood' is a fantastic album.

Lyrics for 'Dead':

I returned a bag of groceries
Accidentally taken off the shelf
Before the expiration date
I came back as a bag of groceries
Before the date stamped on myself

CHORUS

Did a large procession wave their
Torches as my head fell in the basket
And was everybody dancing on the casket?
Now it's over I'm dead and I haven't
Done anything that I want
Or, I'm still alive
And there's nothing I want to do

I will never say the word
"Procrastinate" again; I'll never
See myself in the mirror with my eyes closed
I didn't apologize foor when I was eight
And I made my younger brother
Have to be my personal slave

CHORUS

So I won't sit at home anymore
And you won't see my head in the window
And I won't be around ever anymore
And I'll be up there on the wall at the store

I returned a bag of groceries
Before the expiration date
I came back as a bag of groceries
Before the date stamped on myself

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks