so i saw dave chappelle last night

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Christ Reynolds, Aug 30, 2003.

1. Christ Reynolds

Christ Reynolds Producer

CJ
    at the South Shore Music Circus, funny show. i had never been that close to anyone remotely famous before, so it was kinda cool. we sat in the last row, but it was along the aisle where the performers walk down to the stage, and i had an aisle seat, so i was the first person to shake his hand. my only gripe about the show was the conduct of the audience. of course you are going to have some hecklers every now and then, but they just kept yelling back and forth across the stage to their friends and such. he signed someone's copy of half baked during the show. i was happy that it was all new material, or at least it was new to me.

CJ

2. Gregg Shiu

Gregg Shiu Second Unit

Christ, glad to hear you enjoyed yourself at his show. I wanted to see him at the Warner Theater this year, but man it was expensive and I had already missed out on the money seats. He and Brian Regan are my two favorite comedians, and we had actually just recently saw him at DC improv. I was thinking about posting about seeing him, but reconsidered since threads tend to bring out the "Reaganites" to post, and if I wanted that I guess I could've read the countless posts at www.brian-regan.com in the Guestbook. Just the other day actually, at George Mason, we had some sorta free food thing to welcome people. Free popcorn, free funnel cakes, free balloon animals, and free snowcones. When I got mine, I did his mock-stupid voice saying: "Free snow cone... free snow cone" and immediately 6 people in line picked up on that and started doing his bits. Anyways, if you're interested, you can do a search on HTF for more standup comedy related threads, I'm sure there's like a whole two of them out there.