What's new

So I need a Power Amp... (1 Viewer)

david_shy

Agent
I'm looking at getting a Power Amp to run the Front L & R pre amp outs from my Marantz Sr5300..

Question is, how do I control Volume Level?

The 2 channel Amp I m looking at doesn't have a Volume Control

The Marantz has limited range in its' adjustment of output level..

Do I ned to find a Power Amp with a Volume Control (Input Level adjustment...?)?

cheers

Don't worry about an amp not having a volume control as your marantz will take that responsibility when ran via the preouts. It will behave exactly like your receiver now except the signal will bypass the internal amps and will be amplified by the external amp. You will have to recalibrate your speaker levels however as I'm assuming you are upgrading to a more robust amp.

Charlie C

Stunt Coordinator
the MAIN purpose of the preamp IS volume control. imagine trying to change the volume when its too loud/soft. youd be at the gear trying to make sure all the levels were even, yada yada yada. john explained it right.

Richard_B

Stunt Coordinator
Match the receiver up with a Marantz MM-9000 amp if you can find one. It's a wonderful unit for the price as most people would tell you.

david_shy

Agent
thanks for clearing that up

It's a Perreaux 2150 Amp - Quite old (mid 80's) mosfet - built like a tank 200 w per channel into 8 ohms

regards

David

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks