What's new

So I Married an Axe Murder Blu-ray Disc 6/17 (1 Viewer)

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I'm surprised to see this title. I don't dislike it; in fact when I rented it several years ago I thought it was kind of funny. I may even pick it up if I can get a good price. Still, it is encouraging to see Sony dipping into the catalog. Now dip deeper.

Adam_R

Second Unit
I love this movie as well, but it's one that I see no reason to get an HD version of. If I did not already own the DVD, I'd buy it.

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member

Agreed, bring on Austin Powers and fasha!

A buddy of mine loves this film so I'll probably pick it up to check out. Is this the one with the Scottish karate joke? He always says that...

Goko

Agent
Real Name
Joe E
Just saw this on satellite in HD and barely got through it. Nancy Travis is gorgeous and a scene stealer too boot. Myers next to her looked like an impotent school boy. C'mon Sony, how bout some Jesse Stone titles.

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
This has been making the rounds on HDNet Movies this month. Based on their relationship with Sony, I would bet the Blu is taken from the same master.

Random Hero

Second Unit
Real Name
Paul
That's nice that the disc is getting a 5.1 TrueHD track. If I remember correctly, the current DVD has only a Dolby Surround 2.0 track (which could very well be the original sound mix, considering the age of the film).

I'm wondering how the first scene with Charlie visiting his parents is going to look in HD. As it was, you could tell where the chroma key effects were on the DVD version. Just look at where Stuart is on couch and Charlie walks in from behind. The footage where they composited Charlie into the picture is very grainy. Of course, there was no way around that with the way they did the optical effects, but it should be interesting to see how these little imperfections look in HD.

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member

If so, I didn't notice any audio drop out during it when I watched this tonight? If you can be a bit more specific about the drop out, I can probably give you a better idea.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Yes, that line. If you didn't notice it then it's surely fixed. On the old VHS/DVD release, the word "humor" was cut off halfway, so the line sounds like "Well, I know everyone always says sense of hu-, but I'd really have to go with breast size."

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Okay, I have some inside information from a good source
regarding this supposed audio dropout situation.

The studio has been aware of this complaint for some time and
took it upon themselves to investigate it. From the original
release, they found the audio trails off rather than cutting-off.
It is not a drop out. It was subsequently re-dubbed for a later
TV version to make the word clearer, which is probably why it
is assumed to be incorrect when looking at the home video release.

The studio listened to both, but decided to go with the way it
was originally released as the most authentic representation.
The last thing the studio wanted to do was impose a dubbed TV
version on this film.

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member

I will have to listen to that scene again on the BD, probably tomorrow at the earliest, but I really don't recall it dropping out or trailing off when I watched this Sunday night.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks