What's new

So i just watched Rose Red on DVD (1 Viewer)

todd stone

Screenwriter
I like the movie believe it or not. I thought it was one of the better Stephen King tv movies to DVD. Anyone else like this?

Jeff Kohn

Supporting Actor
I thought it was decent. My biggest complaint is that it was a bit too long, and it seemed even longer due to be split over three nights with tons of commercials when it was originally aired on ABC. So maybe the pacing wouldn't seem quite as bad on DVD, and you wouldn't be constantly pulled out of the mood/atmosphere that the miniseries tries to set up. Hmm, maybe I should give the DVD a try...

There's a prequel miniseriers (or is it just one night) that ABC is going to be airing sometime during sweeps.

Dick

Premium
Real Name
Rick
I felt incredibly cheated after spending three nights watching this on t.v. Bad King. Cliches galore. Way-y-y
over the top acting. Lead female so abrasive she ruins the whole affair. Unscary to the max. Why oh why did King think he could best THE HAUNTING (1963) or THE INNOCENCE or even THE CHANGELING? (for why else would he bother to write another haunted house story?) I wouldn't watch this again if I were paid my usual hourly salary just to do it.

Christopher P

Supporting Actor
I was excited for this, but was disappointed. There was no tension, no feeling, no excitement. Seems like there was nothing new to this story, as if he borrowed from his other work (the "living" house that is in tune with its vistors' powers - The Shining; telekenesis - Carrie; the over-bearing mother - Mrs. Kasprack from It; even the fat, lonely kid's name is Emery, Harold Lauder's middle name. Totally forgettable in my book.

On a side note, my family visited the house used in the movie and said it is absolutely beautiful.

Chris

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Horrible. Boring and not worth the three nights I lost watching this travesty.
With this and Dreamcatcher, I am going to go out on a limb and say Stephen King needs to stop writing.

Jeff Kohn

Supporting Actor
With this and Dreamcatcher, I am going to go out on a limb and say Stephen King needs to stop writing.
Well, in fact he has, in a manner of speaking. He announced last fall that after finishing the Dark Tower series, that will be it. Then again he's said similar things before, so we'll see.

I tend to judge his books separate from the movies though, even ones where he wrote the teleplay. The strenght of his books is the character development, and that strength rarely if ever comes through in the movie adaptations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnryan50189
Recent bookmarks