So i just watched Rose Red on DVD

Discussion in 'Movies' started by todd stone, Apr 27, 2003.

1. todd stone

todd stone Screenwriter

I like the movie believe it or not. I thought it was one of the better Stephen King tv movies to DVD. Anyone else like this?

2. Jeff Kohn

Jeff Kohn Supporting Actor

I thought it was decent. My biggest complaint is that it was a bit too long, and it seemed even longer due to be split over three nights with tons of commercials when it was originally aired on ABC. So maybe the pacing wouldn't seem quite as bad on DVD, and you wouldn't be constantly pulled out of the mood/atmosphere that the miniseries tries to set up. Hmm, maybe I should give the DVD a try...

There's a prequel miniseriers (or is it just one night) that ABC is going to be airing sometime during sweeps.

3. Dick

Dick Producer
    Supporter

Rick
    I felt incredibly cheated after spending three nights watching this on t.v. Bad King. Cliches galore. Way-y-y
    over the top acting. Lead female so abrasive she ruins the whole affair. Unscary to the max. Why oh why did King think he could best THE HAUNTING (1963) or THE INNOCENCE or even THE CHANGELING? (for why else would he bother to write another haunted house story?) I wouldn't watch this again if I were paid my usual hourly salary just to do it.

4. Christopher P

Christopher P Supporting Actor

I was excited for this, but was disappointed. There was no tension, no feeling, no excitement. Seems like there was nothing new to this story, as if he borrowed from his other work (the "living" house that is in tune with its vistors' powers - The Shining; telekenesis - Carrie; the over-bearing mother - Mrs. Kasprack from It; even the fat, lonely kid's name is Emery, Harold Lauder's middle name. Totally forgettable in my book.

On a side note, my family visited the house used in the movie and said it is absolutely beautiful.

Chris

5. Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman Producer

Mikey
    Horrible. Boring and not worth the three nights I lost watching this travesty.
    With this and Dreamcatcher, I am going to go out on a limb and say Stephen King needs to stop writing.

6. Jeff Kohn

Jeff Kohn Supporting Actor