What's new

so i got into college now i need a HT system. (1 Viewer)

RichardH

Supporting Actor
The standby suggestion around here for $500 is:

JBL NSP1 II
$180 at buy.com

Dayton 10" powered sub
$125 at partsexpress.com

That will be KILLER for a dorm room.

Mike.W

Auditioning
Buy some nice Sennheisers for dorm life and save making a few enemies. :D

(Trust me -- been there, done that. I've certainly had my fill of listening to trashy KLH subs thrash about during my living in dorms.)

AndrewErickson

Stunt Coordinator
Save your money and buy speakers next year after you move out of the dorms and into an apartment with a larger living area. You'll thank me!

TedLee

Agent
yeah ok i think i might just go for a nice pair of headphones

and in the true fashion of a college student i'll do the altoids can amp and the senheiser hd590s.

but in case i do decide to spend monies and recommendations on what headphone amp to hook up to my reciever?

kehi

Agent
Yeah, those sytems from av123 rock and you will definitely not make your neighbors happy

ken-m

Agent
crutchfield has last years polk speakers on sale. rti38, csi30, psw202sub, you can get all of these for 600.00. i have all polk speakers and they rock with both music and movies. these would be a steal at this price. you wont be disappointed. you have to give these a break in period, but they sound better the more you use them!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks