What's new

So I found Someone's Dog (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Called the number on the tag but no one at home. Found the address based on the phone number and its on our street. No one at home.

I wish I could find a work number for these people, but haven't figured out how to do that, without paying for it.

Ideas, anyone?

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
My desire for an alternative phone number was so that I could contact the owner, probably at work, sooner. I did call the number I had and leave a message.

A short time ago, he called me and has retrieved his dog. She was (the dog) very well-behaved and very sweet.

Paul Padilla

Supporting Actor
:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: Good for you Johnny! Way to send out some good Kharma.

We have dogs and any time we see one in our neighborhood we do the same thing. We'd want someone to treat our dog the same way should the situation be reversed.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I know this is a moot point now, but wasn't there an ID number on the tag as well? I think some tags have a service that you can call and they have the owners other info on file.

It happened when my boss brought his dog to work and it got loose. Someone (down the street) found the dog and called in the ID number and they got hold of my bosses cell phone number to inform him that they found the dog.

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Nice job, Johnny.:emoji_thumbsup: One of our dogs likes to sneak out of the yard sometimes and it's nice to know that there are some good people out there.

Although, a few years ago, he left and was gone for a month. I posted signs at all the nearby kennels and at the APL, and I stopped at those places everyday. Then, after a month I opened the front door to retieve my mail and there he is sniffing the tree in the front yard. I brought him inside and a few hours later there's a woman at my back door saying that "her" dog "Buddy" went missing. She was holding his collar which had the tag of "Caesar" on it with my address. At first she tried to argue that he was always her dog and that he ran away a long time ago and that's when I must have named him "Caesar", etc. That was until I was able to show her the receipt of buying him from the APL @ 8 weeks old, many pictures of him growing up, and we even have his baby teeth! That was an aggravating situation, but it turned out well. I couldn't believe he showed up after a month.

We've kept a really good eye on him since, but he manages to escape every now and then.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
In addition to a collar, you should consider chipping your dog. That will make it easier for animal control or whomever to return him to you.

This dog was a female german shephard type dog, just as friendly as they come. When she was running towards me, I knew she was running to me and not after me. I was only in danger of being licked to death.:)

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George

Hey, he's the first dog I've ever owned so we may have spoiled him a little bit. However, the Tooth Fairy didn't leave him anything for the teeth!:D :D :b :b

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
:laugh: Yeah, we tried to be a little creative when we named him "Caesar". Our other dog is named "Noble". Sure beats, Buddy, Prince, Fluffy, etc. :laugh:

I try not to let too many things bother me. And I had something else going on in my life that had all of my attention. And then I also knew I was right so I figured, why let this woman bother me? Although, if she would have pressed the issue, I probably would've broken eventually.

Robert_Gaither

Screenwriter
I also recommend anyone tagging their dogs to engrave on the back of the tag a phone number of the vet you take your dog too for the vaccination this way you can periodically call them to see if anyone has found your dog (I know of people who change their mobile number more than once a year).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks