What's new

So, I finally started watching Battlestar Galactica (1 Viewer)

Jasper70

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Harold
I did enjoy the first two seasons more than the rest. But overall I liked it enough to buy the Blu-ray set. Actually just finished a rewatch a few months ago.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
The funny thing about the ending for me - and this is not meant as a brag or anything - but I had it figured from the first episode that we were seeing a prequel to humanity on modern day earth, and not our future.
I definitely had the same thought about them being the origin of life of Earth but I figured since it was such an old cliche (it's the end of a number of EC Comics sci-fi stories from the 1950's and I have no doubt that EC stole that twist from even older stories) that I never thought they'd use it on BSG. I guess they outsmarted me since I didn't think they'd do it. :)

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Good point(s). However:

In the third season finale we see a group of characters brought together because they all heard an extremely popular rock song from the 1960's (or rather, a cover of this song) playing, originating somewhere in space. Based on this scene, I don't think it's a stretch to draw the conclusion that they are hearing radio waves from Earth in the 20th or 21st century, and that they are eventually going to reach Earth in the present or not-too-distant past (presumably the song took years to reach them in space). I.e., I don't think I'm the only one that thought this.

Obviously, I was mistaken & misinterpreted the "All Along the Watchtower" scene. I did like the series finale as it stands, i.e. the BG crew reaching Earth in the prehistoric era. It's the last thing I would have expected, and as such I consider it a very clever & imaginative ending.

Again, I still think it a false assumptiom that the tune originated from our Earth. I'm trying to remember, but I thought only the Cylons were able to hear the tune -- did any of the humans ever here it? I'm not even sure even the Cylons who knew they were Cylons heard the tune so could it have been something programmed deep into their memory to trigger them to realize what they were (internal music rather than external music)

Also infinite monkey and infinite typewriters could apply, but I take it as some sort of intentional.
And of course even the Earth they populated could have been the 40th iteration of 'our" Earth -- all this has happened before and will happen again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks