What's new

So I bought the Lost Boys SE. Anyone notice that... (1 Viewer)

todd stone

Screenwriter
Corey Haim looks NOTHING like he used to? I mean Corey Feldman still looks pretty much the same, but dang what happened to Haim?

Great commentaries by Feldman btw. I haven't laughed that hard during a commentary in quite some time.

Julian Lalor

Supporting Actor
I'm just surprised to see he still has his teeth, given that I thought he sold them all on Ebay. And, yes, unfortunately he has morphed into an ugly, butch woman.

Blu

Screenwriter
A long period of unemployment will do weird things to your apperance.....

Paul D G

Screenwriter

Are you referring to Haim or Feldman? Looking at IMDb, both have been working steadily over the years. Feldman with 41 movies under his belt since Lost Boys; Haim with 26. Granted nothing major, and some just bit parts.

Haven't watched the suppliment disc yet so I don't know about Haim, but Feldman was on The Surreal Life on MTV and he doesn't look any different.

-paul

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
Funny, because my first impression was that he looks almost the same as he did back then. He might have gained a bit of weight, at least his head looks like he did. I mean, he even has almost the same hairstyle as he did back then. :)

Now, as for Jamison Newlander, that's a whole different story. It's hard to believe it's the same guy! Not that he aged badly or anything, he just looks completely different. Kinda like Elvis Costello's younger brother. :)

Chris

todd stone

Screenwriter
I don't think his face really looks the same. I had to watch it for awhile to really believe it was Haim :)

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
I havent picked up Lost Boys yet but I did see a True Hollywood Story on the Coreys out of sheer boredom a while back and Haim does look ALOT different.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Corey Haim has had a rather serious drug problem for quite some time...at least according to The E True Hollywood Story:) ..seriously, he has admitted to it and if his rather sad drugged up interviews from that ETHS are any indication he is still struggling (at least as of the episodes production date which was circa 2001/2002 I think).

BrandonJF

Second Unit
I was watching one of the featurettes where they talked about their last movie together being "Dream a Little Dream 2".

The fact that there was a "Dream a Little Dream 2" is scarier than The Lost Boys ever was.

Ryan_TD

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone notice the edited cover tagline??

The original movie poster and the first snapper/flipper dvd both had it correct:

Sleep All Day, Party All Night, Never Grow Old, Never Die. It's Fun To Be A Vampire.

The "Never Grow Old, Never Die " is gone. Why?

Nothing too major but it kind of bothers me

Ryan_TD

Stunt Coordinator
While I'm thinking about it....Anyone know what type of paper is used by major studios to print dvd inserts...I think I'll scan the old dvd cover and make my own(and make a chapter insert as well;) ) It's not glossy paper, is it?

ps - any links to a current picture of jami gertz?

Rodney Martin

Stunt Coordinator
Somthing else i noticed about Lost Boys SE (R1) is that it might be region free. As when i stuck it in my R2 Xbox, it played the thing instead of coming up with the wrong region message. Unless this is somthing strange with the xbox it looks like there's no region coding on this disc, wether intentional or not. Anyone else care to try this out in there non region 1 players. And power DVD in region 2 mode seems to play it as well.

Update - got one of those dvd info programs to tell me about the disc it says that it's - R1, R2, R3 & R4. I dont know wether this is a new trend as i wouldn't normally notice cause i usually just play DVDs on my multi-region DVD player.

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
Not the first catalogue release from Warner that was coded for regions 1-4. Saves them production cost I guess (each of those regions is at least partially NTSC).

Chris

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Isn't she on "Still Standing"? You could try the CBS website for the show.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member

That would be a neat gag -- send some other older person to your commentary, who would pretend to be you. Maybe a brother or somebody who looks enough like you to make it work.

Matt_H

Stunt Coordinator
is it just me or does it seem like the feldman gets cut off early in the commentary?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks