So... I Bought My First Hooters Album

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by James Edward, Mar 11, 2003.

1. James Edward

James Edward Supporting Actor

I have played an album called 'Largo' about a hundred times-it's an amazing collection of music. Only recently have I read more about the CD; the creative force behind the music was The Hooters. Once I read that, I knew I had to pick up at least a greatest hits album by them.

Well... I really like what I hear. I also seem to like the 'non-hits' more than what are listed as the 'greatest hits'- you know, the part where they say on the front cover: 'collection includes...'

Therefore, I'd like to know from any Hooters fans which album or albums I should get next. For some reason, they were completely off my musical radar until I delved deeper into 'Largo', which, by the way, all Hooters fans should get immediately.

All Hooters fans- let me know!!!

Thanks.

2. Angelo.M

Angelo.M Producer

James:

Ah, the Hooters. Haven't listened to these guys in a long, long time. Always thought their first album was good, so I'd probably start there.

Saw them way back circa 1986, on sunny Long Island. Actually, my parents are moving to East Northport this week. Any good Italian restaurants to recommend?

3. Henry Gale

Henry Gale Producer

Chicken wings, an airline, and now a band?

4. James Edward

Angelo-

Everyone will tell you to go to Emilio's in Commack. They have the best of everything- pizza, pasta, and all sorts of specials. It completely lacks atmosphere, but once you taste the food, you won't care. And it's very inexpensive. Try the Gorgonzola salad. Try the Calamari Arrabiata. Try anything.

If you're looking for atmosphere, and a more northern Italian menu, there's Il Giardino- also in Commack, and Casa Rustica in Smithtown. These towns are virtually on the border of East Northport. East Npt itself does not have any Italian restaurants that I could recommend.

Also- for the BEST in Italian delicacies, go to A&S Pork Store on Larkfield Road. I've never gotten anything I did not like from there... Margaret's Pasta on Townline Rd. and Jericho Tpk. is also excellent, but they redefine 'pricey'.
    Seven Brothers Italian Foods in the Elwood Center(Jericho Tpk &Elwood Rd), IMO, is not good at all, but your tastes may be different. It seems more like a tourist attraction than a place to pick up really good food.

Two to avoid(IMO): Larkfield Pasta, and Chefs. Chef's seems to be popular, but for the life of me I can't figure out why.

OK- I'll stop. If you want to know any other area food issues, let me know. The only thing I like more than HT and Music is Food and Wine.

5. James Edward

Jim- I think the band came first. But I'm not sure.

6. Michael Martin

Michael Martin Screenwriter

7. Angelo.M

Angelo.M Producer

James:

Thanks for the advice. What do you know about a place called Torcello's, on Larkfield I think? I'm trying to find a place where my folks can grab dinner tonight; something substantial, but not fancy, would be fine.

Ah, the Hooters. Saw 'em back in the day, when I was in high school. The opening band was Grant Lee Buffalo, I think, or was it the Blasters? At any rate, saw them and the Alarm in the same week! Gotta love the nostalgia!

8. James Edward

Angelo-

Torcello's would be a good bet- it's in the Elwood Shopping Center at Jericho Tpk.& Elwood Rd, not Larkfield Rd.

From Zagat/LI- Locals in-the-know about this "great secret of East Northport" advise "Don't be dissuaded by the strip mall surroundings-this is a goody" where you can expect "huge portions" of "satisfying"(if "not creative") Italian food; it's a "comfortable" "family place" with reasonable prices...

Hmmm... I'll have to go back there soon myself.

Where are your parents moving from, if you don't mind me asking...

9. Angelo.M

Angelo.M Producer

Thanks for the info, again.

They're moving from the Hamptons, where they've lived for about 20 years. It's been a steady progression, from Italy, to Brooklyn, to Queens, to the Hamptons, and now they're downsizing (and getting a bit closer to NYC).

10. TonyD

TonyD Who do we think I am?
    Supporter

Tony D.
    the hooters have been a band since at least the very early 80's.

in philly they would play small clubs until they were more recognized.

one of the leaders of the band wrote a hit song for cindy lauper called "time after time"

if you like the hooters look for the "A's"

yep they are just called the A's.
    another local philly band that was fromthe late 70's early 80's.

11. Angelo.M

Angelo.M Producer

I apologize for hijacking this thread with a restaurant discussion...

But, anyway, I'm back to say that Largo is an amazing album. Highly recommended to fans of the Hooters (or of the Band), if you can find a copy.

12. Lewis Collins

I also second TonyD's recommendation for checking out the "A's". Saw those guys perform at the old Brandywine Club on Route 1 in the Chadds Ford, Pa area. Also saw The Hooters perform at The Tower Theater in Upper Darby, Pa. Both very good bands.