What's new

so how much would YOU pay for a movie you loved? (1 Viewer)

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
Perhaps if the Studios raised the prices of DVDs across the board we could get more titles released faster because the Studios would be making much more $$$$$$. I'd pay more money if this scenario worked. Of course, a big hole in this idea is that the Studios would be greedy & just keep this extra $$$$$$ for profit & not release more titles faster. Just a pipe dream.

I too paid a lot of $$$$ for LDs. ;)

ChuckSolo

Screenwriter
The most I ever paid for a movie was $80.00 for a newly released copy of "Dawn of the Dead" in VHS back in 1989. It came in a keepsake plastic case and was recorded on a VHS 160 tape in SP mode so the picture was pretty good. Today, I won't pay over $20 bucks, and rarely that.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
I depends. There are only 3 films I would pay any price for DVD: Abel Gance's Napoleon, Around the World in Eighty Days, and the restored The Thief and the Cobbler.

I would pay higher prices for films/DVD's I feel are worthy. For example $35 for Criterion's 8 1/2 DVD is not a bad price considering the film and the quality of it. On the other hand, I wouldn't pay $1 for Madacy's DVD of Metropolis. Kino got my $22 on that one. :)

JimmyK

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim
$30 is about max for me for a movie I really, really loved. I never got into laserdisc because I considered them too expensive.

I not sure this would work for me. If DVD prices were to go up, I would buy fewer DVDs. I think part of DVDs big success is because of low prices.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I paid $60-80 for OOP Platoon and Re-Animator DVDs but paid $110 for SE LDs back in the day

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks