What's new

So how many of you are in the middle of a heat wave too? (1 Viewer)

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Low 70's, low humidity, and sunny skies here today. It was a great day to be on the golf course. :)

Hey, during the winter us northerners have to listen to all the sunbelters say how nice it is while we're getting hammered with snow or sub-zero temperatures. It's nice to be able to gloat for once. :)

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
As others from the northeast/mid-atlantic have said it's been a long spring. Here in B'more it's been a long cool dry spring. Weird. Lot's of 60s, 70s and sunshine - definitely not our "norm" and I am waiting for the other shoe to drop - at any moment 94 will be both our temperature and our relative humidity...doh!

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
As others from the northeast/mid-atlantic have said it's been a long spring. Here in B'more it's been a long cool dry spring. Weird. Lot's of 60s, 70s and sunshine - definitely not our "norm" and I am waiting for the other shoe to drop - at any moment 94 will be both our temperature and our relative humidity...doh!

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale

I live in one of those blood red areas, moved there on purpose.
I've been warm and I've been cold....warm is better. :)

EDIT...
I did not consider that this link would continually update....but it was good and red the afternoon I grabbed it...and every afternoon until September.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Considering we just had snow a couple weeks ago I wasn't expecting the heat to come in this fast. Plus I didn't have time to get my A/C fixed. It wouldn't be so bad if our complex opened the pool but I guess they wait until June. :frowning:

Tempted to go hit Eliche's waterpark.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
Tulsa managed both a record high (93) and a record highest low temp (73) today.

I shudder to think what summer is going to be like... :frowning: I'd give just about anything to move back to Anchorage at this point. Now that's my idea of Summer. Somewhere where 80 is a heat wave, everything is lushly green and beautfiul, people have home humidifiers and box fans, no one has AC and night is 2 hours long.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
"Heat wave": (1) period of remarkably warm weather. In Finland: anything above -5 degrees Celsius for more than 4 hours. :)
(2) In Finland: time spent in Sauna. Leads to basic fear, inevitably leading, in turn, to relieving, naked dive in icy waters.

Cees

Sami Kallio

Screenwriter
Marko, come over here to Texas, I will show you. Oh actually, no need to show, you can feel it.

I'm loving it. I spent the whole day yesterday floating in my pool. According to weather.com it was 97F/36C, today is cloudy but I'm at work anyway so I couldn't enjoy it anyways. Electric bill is going to be high but I'll take that over cold weather anytime.

Seth_L

Screenwriter
It's a whopping 50 some degrees here in Boston. :angry:

I'm loving this business trip so far... :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks