What's new

So how many celebrities live near YOU? (1 Viewer)

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
I suppose Los Angeles doesn't count.
No I don't think it does, Jack. For we live in the celebrity capital of the world and it's not uncommon to see "famous people" in supermarkets, the post office, eating at restaurants, shoplifting, buying drugs, picking up prostitutes, getting into fights outside clubs, murdering people and watching it all on TV like a mid-season replacement. :D

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Armand Assante,Tom Selleck, Billy Joel,Louie Saverise,Liam Neesan all have homes near me.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
For you old school wrestling fans, Tito Santana lives in a neighboring town called Roxbury and runs a hair salon with his wife. I wonder if he body slams customers who complain too much
Actually, I used to be friends with his son back in kindergarten.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
For you old school wrestling fans
Since the WWF started in CT, I used to see them all the time. A lot of the less popular ones used to live in Hamden. My dad is a postal worker and he used to deliver to a bunch of them...in fact, one wrestler had a ring in his back yard and whenever we drove by, you'd see a bunch of them practicing.

One time we were at Howard Johnsons and Samoan #3 was there - he took up the entire booth :eek: As a kid, I was amazed at his size.

Matt Pasant

Second Unit
Emmitt Smith lives a block or two away from me.

Dennis Rodman used to have a house in our neighborhood. Chuck Norris does to.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I trained with Tony DeVito for about 8 months and he had a wrestling ring in his parents backyard. While the neighbors were used to the site and noise,delivery people driving by were always braking while driving by :)

DonnyD

Screenwriter
I was around a lot of music celebrities when in college in Nashville in the late 60's. I lived next door to John Hartford (wrote Gentle on my Mind and was banjo player on Glen Campbells tv show). He had a ton of music and recording equipment in his apartment. Got wasted often.....

Also lived next to Jack Mitchell, a country music singer, on the same block as Bobby Goldsboro and across the street from Sandy Posey.....She had lots of parties and us college kids always were welcome.

I went to school with and am a family member to David Hogan who has won many awards for music videos for Shania Twain, Alabama, Gin Blossoms, Rod Stewart, Bryan Adams, Sting and a few others. Has directed several movies also such as Barb Wire and was 2nd unit director for one of the Batman movies.....

Ricky Hustle

Supporting Actor
Wayne Newton and Mike Tyson are neighbors, and they live a few miles from where I do.

I've seen Mike a few times as I drive past his house on my way home from the office. He's a scary mofo. :)

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
Alan Autry (Bubba on In the Heat of the Night) is mayor of Fresno, and the guy who played Jaws in the Bond flicks lives 40 miles up the hill in Oakhurst.

Andrew Testa

Second Unit
Do astronauts count? They're thick as flies around here. Shopping at Kroger, Home Depot, the local BBQ joint, etc. Course, I have to see them at work too.

Andy

James T

Screenwriter
Doug Flutie used to live a couple blocks where I live when he was playing in Toronto. My friend noticed this when he went trick or treating one halloween and Doug opened the door.

I think Mike Myers still has a home in Scarborough, but I don't go there much.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
John Bon Jovi built a MONSTER home in my town, MAx Weinberg has a nice little secluded place not too far from him.

Geraldo moved out after his divorce and sold off the Two River Times.

My parents got one of their cats from Peter O' Toole's mother.

For those of you who remember OLD wrestling, Sargeant Slaughter used to live in a condo village here, he had a camoflage'd car!

Maury Povich and Connie Chung supposedlly have a house in middletown, not sure where it is tho.

Sam

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
You know, Andrew, I remember the days when astronauts really were media celebrities. In this era, though, only Story Musgrave seems to have ever approached celebrity status.

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
Let's see....MC Hammer used to live in the Fremont hills, about 20 minutes from where I currently reside. Of course, this was all before he blew his money on those baggy pants.

Coco Lee was in Castro Valley to visit her aunt a while back. My sister knows Coco Lee so she was informed. Coco Lee? She sang the theme song to Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon and sang it live on the Oscars as well.

BTW, Sharon Stone's home in San Francisco is on the market. Just across the Bay from me.

Matt Gordon

Supporting Actor
In this era, though, only Story Musgrave seems to have ever approached celebrity status.
I'll give you two Story Musgraves for one Dr. Sally K. Ride. :)

And we'll assume that John Glenn is thought of more as a politician now, but I'm not so sure.

Scott Van Dyke

Supporting Actor
Neat thread.

That "Screech" dude from Saved by the bell lives in Port Washington, 5 minute drive.

"NeedleMeyer" from Animal House moved here with his wife not too long ago. They run a restraunt/bar now. I don't care much for his shit.

Halle Berry bought a house near me, as well.

I heard like 15 years ago that Axel Rose bought a house near-by.

Ozaukee County is said to be the third "richest" county in the States.

James L White

Supporting Actor
I seriosuly doubt any but I'll list the celebs who were/are/have lived in this state (Arkansas)

Johnny Cash-music legend but I'ms ure you knew that RIP :frowning:
Bill Blinton- everyone knows who he is of course
Tracy Lawrence- country music artist
Mark Martin- race car driver
John Grisham- arthor
"Dizzy" Dean- baseball Hall Of Fame pitcher
Brooks Robinson- baseball Hall Of Fame 3rd baseman
Douglas Macarthur-WW2 general
Paul "bear" Bryant- College football coach

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
James,
Here's a better list.

I live about 3 miles from Jerry Lee Lewis and drive past his ranch occaisionally. If any one wants to meet him, they can go to his upcoming birthday party. But since his soon to be 6th ex-wife is throwing the party I'll be surprised if he shows up.

-Robert

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks