So how many celebrities live near YOU?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Morgan Jolley, Sep 22, 2003.

1. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

From what I've heard at school, a friend of mine was working at a local playhouse and Steve Zahn came to see a show with his son. She got to meet him and apparently is a huge fan of his.

The same girl, along with another good friend of mine, have spotted Jim Bruer at certain shops around the area.

The red-headed girl from Richie Rich lives down the street (or used to, I haven't seen her in a while if she's even still here).

Hulk Hogan's daughter used to live with her mother a town away.

Those are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head. Who else lives in a small middle-of-nowhere town with celebrities living around you?

2. Tim Morton

Tim Morton Stunt Coordinator

I live pretty close to john irving ( of course its a million miles away in most repsects) and tim daley lives up the road a bit...dom deloise.rob reiner, michael j fox....lots more, but i am drawing a blank. Seems lots of people like to get away to vermont.

3. Jeff Loughridge

Jeff Loughridge Stunt Coordinator

Depends on what you consider a celebrity, I guess. Not many Hollywood types here, thank God, but there are a few "personalities" nearby.

Tony Snow lives down the street from me. Sonny Jurgensen just sold his house, but it was in my parents neighborhood, about 3 miles from here. George Allen also lives in their general neighborhood.

Lots of political types in this area.

He doesn't live anywhere near me, but I did get to spend last Saturday (9/13) with Little Steven Van Zandt. Bruce Springsteen was in town for a show at FedEx Field. Steven does a show called Little Steven's Underground Garage and he needed a studio to put the next weeks show together, so he used one of mine at WHFS. My 3 daughters were with me, and now one of them is always wearing a bandana. He is an incredibly nice guy, one of the most unassuming people I've ever met, and a great sense of humor. I knew he was there to work, not deal with fans, so I set him up in the studio and left him and his producer alone, except for an occasional knock on the door to be sure everything was going well.

He did sign my wife's cast, pose for a few pictures, and gave us tickets to the show. The seats were awesome. Needless to say, so was the show.

4. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm

And don't forget Fred Tuttle! [​IMG]

Plus, I hear a rumor that Whoopi Goldberg is looking into some property here, too.

5. Christ Reynolds

Christ Reynolds Producer

CJ
    chris cooper lives either here in plymouth, or in our neighboring town of kingston. i heard the farrely brothers (or just one of them) had a house in the next town over, duxbury. duxbury is a nice area, some of it has really nice homes. most of aerosmith lives either in duxbury or marshfield, the next town over from that. thats all i can think of.

CJ

6. Shane Bos

Shane Bos Second Unit

not really any actors around here but there are a ton of NHL hockey players.

7. Ryan Wishton

Ryan Wishton Screenwriter

The only celebrities that live around me are the ones in my boxer shorts... [​IMG]

8. Christopher_S

Christopher_S Stunt Coordinator

I believe that funkmaster George Clinton makes his home near Tally-town, but in 6 years here I've never seen him. I think I'd know if I did...

9. Paul M.Kuziel

I live in Connecticut, There are a number of celebrities who call Connecticut home. Although I did have a nice chat with Katherine Hetburn back a few years ago. She thought my daughter was adorable.

10. Brandon_T

Brandon_T Screenwriter

Chris Byrd, the boxer, lived close to me, until his recent move to Las Vegas. My wife is a teacher with his mother-in-law.

B

11. Dustin Wind

Dustin Wind Stunt Coordinator

Dan Aykroyd is my Uncle if that counts lol [​IMG]
    He lives 2 hours from me in Kingston...but stays here a lot.

No other celebs around here.....my best friend plays for the Rangers but he lives in NYC now [​IMG]

12. John_Bonner

John_Bonner Supporting Actor

13. DonRoeber

DonRoeber Screenwriter

Paul Simon has a house nearby, but I'm not sure how often he stays in it. I've never run into him on the street or anything.

M. Knight Shamalyn shoots all of his films in my area, and he doesn't live terribly far away from me, probably about 45 minutes.

14. DaveBB

DaveBB Supporting Actor

Marshall Faulk (St. Louis Rams running back) lives about three blocks away in some brand new condos.

15. Matt Gordon

Matt Gordon Supporting Actor

DaveBB, you may live near where I work.
    Corner of Clayton & Woods Mill.

16. MarkHastings

MarkHastings Executive Producer

17. Aurel Savin

Aurel Savin Supporting Actor

Ray Romano's parents live down the block from me, and he is around a lot visiting them. Every store in the area seems to have a signed picture of Ray hanging behind the counter.

Geraldine Ferraro also lives a few blocks away.

18. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

I suppose Los Angeles doesn't count.

19. David Singleton

David Singleton Stunt Coordinator

... and Nashville probably doesn't count either. It's not uncommon at all to go to a local restaurant (and I don't just mean Ruth's Chris, or something else in that price range, I'm talking mom and pop places) and people like Tim McGraw and Faith Hill along with their Kato (Kenny Chesney ;-)) having dinner with everyone else.

It's just not too big a deal anymore.

20. Kirk Gunn

Kirk Gunn Screenwriter

Pat Sakak lives one town over. Gave 1 Mill to the local hospital, so they named a pavillion after him. Not sure I'd like to have my medical work being done at a place whose motto is "wheel of fortune".....

Eric Clapton supposedly owns a home on Gibson Island a few miles away, very exclusive property. There is a large 100ft yacht from England named "Blue Guitar" that moors near our marina and we've befriended the crew. While they cannot say who owns the vessel, there is a picture of EC next in the wheelhouse with the caption "have you seen this man ?" underneath it.

Of course neither Pat nor Eric have invited me over for dinner recently.