What's new

So how do you pick the Moderators? (1 Viewer)

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Prompted by this thread: http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...hreadid=41326, I've decided to ask a question that I've been curious about for some time.
Now, let me put on a disclaimer...this is in no way intended to be a criticism or a complaint about who you guys have Moderating now. I've never had a problem with any of them. :)
I'm just curious to know, do you wait for people to approach you and say "Hey, I really want to be a Moderator..how about me?" or do you approach people that you think would do a good job of it...or?
Just curious.

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
It's a co-optation system.
Goodness, I hope they at least bought you dinner first. :laugh:
Only kidding, of course. I would think that anyone who is asked would consider it quite a compliment. I know I would. Hint, hint. :D
Thanks for the 411, Cees.

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Rain,

I also believe they may ask for opinions of other mods. Also, how the person they are considering has conducted themselves on the forum. Has the person responded with sarcasm, have they been helpful, do they appear to have time, that sort of thing.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
In case no one has noticed... Rain wants to be a mod.
Which means he goes to the end of the list.
;)
It's like that old idea about people who WANT to be cops-- there is something probably wrong there.
To be honest- when Ron called me up about being a mod- I had never even thought about it. Never crossed my mind. I was glad for the offer, and the honor- but I can honestly say it came as a complete suprise/
-Vince

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
RainHTFpic.jpg
And with his sig, we will all have the impression that he can sniff out a bad thread like a fart in a car! :)
just playin' Rain! ;)

TheoGB

Screenwriter
Which means he goes to the end of the list.
It's like that old idea about people who WANT to be cops-- there is something probably wrong there.
Blimey - reverse psychology. So in that case I really really really want to be mod!
(Phew! Safe for sure...;) )

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Ok now I am confused... are you Rain - The MOVIE SNOB from North Vancouver BC Canada or are you Sean Conklin from Montana;)

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
In case no one has noticed... Rain wants to be a mod.
:laugh:
Actually, I wasn't being serious.
If asked, my response would be a very polite "No thank you."
Plus, if I was a Mod, they might ask me to reveal my surname and we couldn't have that, could we? :laugh:

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
There you are John, I was wondering where you've been.
Yes I got most of that from PUTV, I like to use a lot of quotes from Pump up the Volume! Like, I'm here on the HTF naked wearing only a........:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks