What's new

So Graham Norton...Greatest Night Show Ever? (1 Viewer)

Dustin D

Stunt Coordinator
I'm totally addicted to So Graham Norton on BBC America. It's hilarious! This week has new episodes, and there's one with Gillian Anderson tonight that's really funny. I just love this show. Letterman and Leno are SO boring, at least Graham can come up with entertaining games and jokes every episode.
What does everyone else think? If you haven't seen it, tune in to BBC America 10 PM Central on weeknights. You won't be sorry. And if you don't, I'll call you on the Teddyphone! :D

Lee L

Supporting Actor
This is an awesome show. It is hard to beleve all these American stars go over there and participate in such crazy stuff.

JayV

Supporting Actor
"Everybody stand up!"

Did you folks catch the episode with Lawrence from Changing Rooms ("I'm sorry Lawrence, but you make me feel butch")?

Yeah, this show is great. Norton was pretty good/irritating as Father Noel in Father Ted.

-j

Jodee

Screenwriter
Why did Gillian Anderson have an English accent on this episode?

That was weird.

Ken CM

Agent
My favorite chat show..unfortunately, I seem to be the only one in my group of friends that has digital cable or satellite and watches it, so there is no one to talk to about it.

I loved the "supersized" episode that they started showing a while back. They didn't seem to cut the opening joke or the sit down-stand up segments. Was a bit disappointed the past few nights when they were crammed into 1/2 hour.

The Cher episode was my favorite.

Dustin D

Stunt Coordinator
Evidently Gillian grew up in England and everytime she goes back she starts talking with the accent. At least, that was her explanation.

Yay! Tomorrow night Anthony Stewart Head is on the first episode and Alex Kingston from ER is on the second. I bet it'll be hilarious!

Cher was great. That guy they called was priceless when he found out it was Cher. Surprisingly, the Spice Girl that was on last week was really funny.

Jeff Savage

Second Unit
Love it! It is sooooo entertaining! I actually wrote a letter to BBC America a couple of months ago complaining about the editing. They said that the new shows were filmed as 30 minute show so there should be less editing. The only problem is that over here they still need to splice in comericals so we still end up missing stuff. They did admit to editing the shows to only show guests that the American audience would be interested in. Maybe if we all write them they will change and give us the full versions.

Laters,

Lee L

Supporting Actor
The whole freaking point of having BBC America is to see the british shows. If you aren't interested in things british you probably wouldn't watch it at all. This network has been going downhill ever since Discovery bought it.

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
Well have you seen the show with Elton John on it yet ? That was one of the best ones.

I have to admit that I have got a bit tired of Graham Norton. He has been doing chat shows over here in the UK for about 4-5 years now, and guests are getting wise to him. The best ones are the earlier ones when some of the guests had no idea what they were letting themselves in for.

Still you do get some really good ones every now and then.

By they way, they are shown with commercials over here in the UK as well, as they are broadcast on Channel 4 and not the BBC. They used to run for about 40-45 minutes with 1-2 breaks in between.

The newer ones are shown over here for 30 minutes as well with 1 break as he changed from a weekly show to 5 days a week

JerryLA

Stunt Coordinator
Just got aquainted with So Graham Norton about a month ago. Rarely miss it. It's nice to see something a little different here in the states. Why are censors so anal here? I'm quite surprised at some of the things that get by untouched by the censors in the UK. I've told some friends about the content of his show and they seemed to think it was a bit crude. Ya know, if you don't like the content... don't watch it. Personally, I think it's great!
Jerry

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks