What's new

So, for the heck of it, I e-mailed Bruce Campbell. (1 Viewer)

Roby Adams

Stunt Coordinator
Of course quite a few members should know about my e-mail exchange with Roger Ebert regarding the "Gary Tooze Incident".

I've also exchanged e-mails with movie columnist Jeffrey Wells (Reel.com) from time to time.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
"...use the force...." :laugh: :laugh:
I love it!
Ive seen Lisa Boyle in about 50 late Cinemaxand Showtime B movies. One that comes to mind, that I saw recently at Best Buy on DVD is "I Like To Play Games". Hope that helps:D

Anthony Thorne

Supporting Actor
Bruce Campbell has responded to a couple of my emails - they were usually short but friendly comments, one discussing the remastering efforts they were doing on the old EVIL DEAD Elite LD. I understand that he gets a lot of mail. I've never, ever heard a bad story about the guy though, and I have heard some really lovely, generous ones. He seems like a nice, down-to-earth guy and I'm happy to remain a fan of his work.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I love the one of him at the convention when someone asked how many more versions of Army of Darkness were gonna be released
Guy "How many more versions of Army of Darkness are gonna be released on DVD?"
Bruce "How much more money do you have?"
Guy "None"
Bruce "Well then this is the last one"
:laugh: :laugh:

Aaron Croft

Stunt Coordinator
I once e-mailed Dustin Diamond to play a small role on a Public Access show my freind had. I never got a reply :)
-Aaron

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
Man, when I met Bruce Campbell I was so shy and such a geek. Even with me being shy and a geek, he was such a nice person. Now my friend Jimmy on the other hand is the only person on this planet who got Bruce to admit that Ben Affleck and Matt Damon are lovers. :D

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
I once e-mailed Dustin Diamond to play a small role on a Public Access show my freind had. I never got a reply
Ironically, I ran into Dustin the other day. He did a stand up appearance in Ohio not so long ago, and I did lighting for it. He's now in some band called "Salty the Pocketknife", he plays bass. I think they have stuff on MP3.com.

I had him sign my VHS of his chess video (he put out a 4 hour video called DUSTIN DIAMOND TEACHES CHESS!)

Salty the Pocketknife and Dustin are both booked by some company called Olson Entertainment (don't think it has anything to do with the Olson Twins)... I am working with a couple of bands booked by Olson. Maybe screech's band will have me do their next record.

LOL.

-Vince

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
For a change, here's a negative Bruce Campbell story.
I was friends a few years ago with the manager of the Starlog store, which I believe has since gone out of business.
Every once in a while, they would have celebrities come in and do signings.
He said that of all the celebrities that came in, Bruce Campbell was the worst. He said that when he showed up two hours late, he sat down, put his feet up on the table and was nasty and mean and acted like a primadonna moviestar that couldn't be bothered with geeky fans.
This story has always bothered me and I think of it every time I hear Bruce mentioned.
I Still enjoy his films though.:D

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I have e-mail contact with two actors from Superman 2. Sarah Douglas who played Ursa and Jack O'Halloran who played non. I have had contact with Sarah since June of 1999 and with jack since october of 2000. I have even talked with Jack on the phone a few times here and there.
I have a website on both of them. www.sarah-douglas.com and Link Removed
I forward fan e-mail to both of them and they sometimes they will respond back to me and then I forward it to the fan..
JACOB

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I emailed Tim Dulligan, the guy who played Captain Power and he emailed me back :)
I have Richard "Apollo, not naked" Hatch's home phone # :)
Oh, and Brisco is coming out from Columbia House on DVD

Brian Harnish

Screenwriter
Brisco County Jr. is coming to DVD?!?!?!!!!! YEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!! WHEN?! I loved that show!! If they're releasing it in complete season box sets I'll buy the first season on street date!!! :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Kelly W

Second Unit
Wow, Tino's story doesn't sound like Bruce Campbell at all. He must have changed his ways since then. I was at one of the If Chins Could Kill book signings/Fanalysis Premieres/Evil Dead II screenings in Austin a while back and he couldn't have been nicer.

Everyone was handed a slip of paper that said he could not sign anything other than his book, the autographs could not be personalized, and he could not pose for pictures. But as soon as he got on stage, he said that those rules were crap and he took the time to sign anything (posters, action figures, DVDs, etc.), would personalize the signatures (mine says, "Hey Kelly-- Come get some!" which isn't wholly original, but very cool nonetheless), and posed for pictures with each and every person there.

I know we were all geeks, but he really bent over backwards to accommodate us. He was the most fan-friendly celebrity I've met, although Penn and Teller were really cool too.

-Kelly

Jon Mercer

Second Unit
My only claim to fame is that Chris Claremont emailed me after I posted on X-Fans Claremont thread.

For those of you who don't know he has written the X-men comic for around 20 years (on and off)

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
You have to go to their web site and sign up for Brisco

Probably it was some deal by the publisher who was probably co-financing the book tour that he could only sign books.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Two years ago, I went to see Saturday Night Live...and in the hallway I met the only celebrity I have EVER met... Dom Pardo! (he's the guy who says "IT'S SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE... with...") I even got him to say "It's Robert Lutter"... hehehe
:D

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
I also have to say that Bruce Campbell seems like an honestly nice guy. I have a feeling that whoever Tino knew might have mistaken a stunt Bruce pulled for his actual attitude. When Bruce got up in front of the crowd that came for the signing, he was "on," and he hurled a few harsh insults for comic effect. But one-on-one, he was quite friendly and willing to chat or take pictures. I asked him about who he would go see in a public appearance such as the one he was doing. He told me that he was mostly interested in actors who had already passed on and named a few of his favorites.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
I also think that Bruce Campbell is a swell guy. I got my book signed at Joseph Beth's in Lexington when he stopped by.

I take it nobody knows anything about the Gary Tooze incident with Roger Ebert.....

Stacey

Stunt Coordinator
Hmmm...I think alot of us Geeky guys and gals are writing "Dear Bruce" because I tried to email him the other day and it came back undeliverable mailbox full..not being one to give up I waited till the next day and it seemed to go off A-OK. Now I'm crossing my fingers to see if he'll write back at all.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks