So, for the heck of it, I e-mailed Bruce Campbell.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Inspector Hammer!, Mar 20, 2002.

1. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    Last night I watched his documentary 'Fanalysis' on the 'Book of the Dead' dvd, and after seeing how much at ease he is with his fans and approachable, and the fact that he always PERSONALLY respondes to his e-mail, I though "what the hell" and gave it a shot.
    Now, I had no idea of what I was going to say to him, I love the guy, but I tried not to come across as some geek or pathetic fanboy, so I just tried to be myself. I asked him what his stance was on the pan n scan issue that dvd is facing right now, and if the rumors about a 4th Evil Dead film were true. The rest was just basic stuff, I told him how much the films meant to me etc.. Basically, I CAME ACROSS AS A GEEK AND PATHETIC FANBOY!! [​IMG] But, he seems like a really nice guy, so hopfully he'll see past that, plus I told him that it was my very first time contacting any celebrity.
    So, we'll just wait and see if he replies, I know he get's tons of e-mail, but I told him he could contact me when he gets a chance and humbly thanked him for his time. I really hope he does though, that would be such a thrill, to get a personal e-mail from Bruce Campbell himself!

2. Artur Meinild

Artur Meinild Screenwriter

Yeah, it's always funny to email with celebrities you like. I once exchanged some emails with Lisa Boyle because I needed the date of an arrangement she was attending. She is a very nice person indeed! [​IMG]

3. Mark Dubbelboer

Mark Dubbelboer Screenwriter

you know i love bruce campbell...but e-mailing Lisa Boyle damn that's cool

hope you get a response promptly John

4. Matt Pelham

Matt Pelham Screenwriter

I sent a very similar e-mail to him after watching Fanalysis. This was almost 2 weeks ago and still waiting...

5. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    Thanks Mark, but who's Lisa Boyle?

Matt, if I may ask, what did you say in your message?

6. Tony_Faville

Tony_Faville Supporting Actor

I sent a few emails back and forth with Tom Savini last year. (For those not in the know, Tom Savini's IMDB Profile . He's a really nice and down to earth guy.

7. JonZ

JonZ Lead Actor

I once sent a letter to a CA 80s band called Excel.They hang out with the Janes Addiction,DRI,Suicidal Tendencies bunch.I was looking to see if I could get their albums on CD-they were out of print and hard to find.

I was shocked when their singer called me up,we talked for a hour.Really cool!

Let us know if Bruce replies.

8. JohnRice

JohnRice Lead Actor

John

9. Ross Williams

Ross Williams Supporting Actor

I emailed Bruce about 6 months ago, right after he came through Seattle on his book tour. No reply. I didn't take it personally, he's a damn busy guy. The fact that he even posts his email address for his fans is amazing.

10. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    I got a four word reply from Mason Williams to an inquiry. Note I said four word not four letter. [​IMG]
    A friend of mine spoke briefly to Jerry Cantrell over the phone. Too bad neither of us is a fan of Alice in Chains.
    Now, Allysin Chaynes . . . that's a different story. Get me her number and I'll tell you if she responds. :p)

11. Wayne Bundrick

Wayne Bundrick Cinematographer

Lisa Boyle... [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. Raymond Johnson

Raymond Johnson Stunt Coordinator

Wow...Lisa B. is beautiful..though i've never heard of her before.

I've emailed Tom Savini once & got a reply the very next day!..I then replyed again to thank him & mentioned a few more things i rogt to mention before & have'nt gotten a reply yet. I know he's busy..but it was kewl to get 1 reply & he's the first celeb. person i've tryed contacting.

I was thinking of emailing Bruce after seeing the documentary as well. I'm not sure what to say though...but will email eventually.

13. Matt Pelham

Matt Pelham Screenwriter

I just congratulated him on Fanalysis and asked him a couple questions about the new "project" and if he knows how to get Brisco County released on DVD.

14. Rob T

Rob T Screenwriter

I e-mailed Ian McKellen twice during the production and post-production of X-Men and he replied back both times. [​IMG]

15. Darren Crouse

Darren Crouse Stunt Coordinator

I e-mailed Bruce Campbell a couple of years ago. And lo and behold he answered a few weeks later. It was short and sweet and of course a typical Bruce Campbell answer. Maybe I'll post it one of these days.

16. Darren Crouse

Darren Crouse Stunt Coordinator

Ah heck, here it goes:
    In a message dated 11/17/98 4:39:05 AM Pacific Standard Time,
    dcrouse@sprint.ca writes:

17. Marty Lockstead

Marty Lockstead Second Unit

I don't suppose anyone out there thought of e-mailing John Carpenter did they? I'm a huge "pathetic geek-boy" fan [​IMG] By the way, I think it's amazing that any celebrity would be gracious enough to respond to your e-mails! Where do you find them in the first place? imdb.com?

18. Nigel McN

Nigel McN Supporting Actor

the only 'celeb' that I have emailed would be Jon 'Bermuda' Schwartz, 'Weird Al' Yankovic's Drummer and the maintainer of www.weirdal.com done that a couple of times, and he was quick and cool to respond [​IMG]

19. Larry Seno Jr.

Larry Seno Jr. Supporting Actor

I have corresponded to John Buccigross from ESPN 2's NHL 2 night. Is it a BAD sign when a celeb writes you back TOO fast? He wrote me a well thought out long response about a dilemma that a friend of mine was in. In fact, EVERYONE from ESPN.COM that I have ever written has written me back PROMPTLY. It makes me feel good.

20. Artur Meinild

Artur Meinild Screenwriter

Nice pic, John. [​IMG] She is in Face Off, Bad Boys, and a lot of B-movies. She's primarily a model though, and has been in Playboys book of lingerie several times.