So Eerie Indiana is Coming

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Jim Beaver, Oct 14, 2003.

1. Jim Beaver

Jim Beaver Supporting Actor

I read on TVSHOWSONDVD today that it's coming but it isn't. This is really confusing. I really really want Eerie Indiana on DVD and i'm excited that it is because i thought it woulden't happen for a long time. But i wish i could just get an answer from whoever is doing this.

It's like with Rhino they won't say when G.I. Joe comes out or all Troma says about Toxic Crusaders is sometime early 2004.

I just want Eerie Indiana on DVD

2. Jim Beaver

Anyone else want Eerie Indiana on dvd?

3. DannyS

DannyS Second Unit

oooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh yes! count me in! what a fantastic show! with a great theme tune!

4. Mark_Wilson

Mark_Wilson Screenwriter

BMG released one DVD of Eerie Indiana a few years ago. Watched it the other day. I'd go for more.

5. ChrisBEA

ChrisBEA Screenwriter

I'd forgotten about this show until I saw this thread, I remember really liking it.
    I'd buy it.

6. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Cinematographer

I would buy it. BTW, bumping your posts is frowned upon here.

7. LarryH

LarryH Supporting Actor

I'd buy a reasonably-priced complete set in a heartbeat.

8. Aryn Leroux

Aryn Leroux Screenwriter

9. Aryn Leroux

Aryn Leroux Screenwriter

Better Yet DeepDiscount has the set for $45 change shipped. I hate ordering stuff not knowing much about the quality or content but in this case i will make an exception. Since it is BMG i expect it to be similar to the "My So Called Life" set in quality. No extras and just the episodes but that is fine by me aslong as they include all 20. [​IMG]

10. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Holy shit, how...eerie. After Gord was told by BMG that this was NOT coming out, and now it's in stock and shipping from two major e-tailers.

Maybe this is another "Infinity Resources" exclusive...both DDD and DVDPlanet are owned by IR.

We'll look into that. In the meantime, let me know if this is worth getting! [​IMG]

11. Aryn Leroux

Aryn Leroux Screenwriter

David: yeah this whole thing has been strange. i got an email this morning saying my set shipped. so i will let you know the specs/quality when it arrives. does 5 discs for twenty 30 minute episodes seem like to much ?

12. Jim Beaver

Do you think i can order it from my Video Store?

13. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Jim, *IF* (and that's a BIG "if") this indeed turns out to be an exclusive item through those sites, then of course the answer will be "no".

But you can certainly go to those sites, print out the information about this set, and then take it to your local store and ask about it. If they can indeed get it, then it will be obvious that it's not an exclusive after all.

Yesterday I wasn't able to get far with looking into this. I sent Gord a message at his hotel on the subject; I don't think he can research it while on the road, but you never know. He's the one with BMG contacts, though, not I. So it may have to wait until next week, after he's back. I'll keep trying today, though.

14. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Cinematographer

Can't wait to see a review of the quality of this. I really enjoyed the eps I saw of this show. I wouldn't mind getting Goosebumps on disc too.

15. Jim Beaver

16. Mark_Wilson

Mark_Wilson Screenwriter

Its real, I got my shipping notice from DDD yesterday.

17. Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey Cinematographer

I sent BMG a really bitchy email asking them what the hell is going on. I don't like being lied to, or mislead, whichever the case is. I got conflicting information from two different people there; the person in charge said it wasn't coming out, and someone beneath him saying it was.

Some of these companies confuse the hell outta me. I thought the point of releasing something was to SELL copies, not try and sneak it onto shelves and then tell people that can help you promote your product that it's not coming. WTF is wrong with these people?

Gord

18. Dane Marvin

Dane Marvin Screenwriter

Was there really only 20 episodes in this series? If I ever see it on a shelf, I may not be able to pass it up. However, with the lack of promotion for this title, that opportunity may never present itself.

19. Aryn Leroux

Aryn Leroux Screenwriter

Gord: It's possible both people you talked to were right in a way. It looks like they are no longer selling the set because the release date is now set to 1/20/2004. Maybe someone jumped the gun with selling some sets because BMG couldn't get there act together.

Dane: There were 19 aired episodes and 1 that never aired but from doing some research it looks like they never even finished filming the 20th episode. So if that is the case 19 episodes is all there is.

20. Jimmy M

Jimmy M Second Unit

I just received the box today, but haven't cracked it open yet. Details that I can tell you right off:

5 Discs in 5 individually shrink-wrapped keep cases, 3 episodes on disc 1 and 4 on each of the others.

Episodes appear to be in broadcast order.

Special Features listed:
    - Remastered in 5.1 surround sound
    - Instant episode access
    - Full motion interactive menus

Text on the back of the box:
    "Referred to as "a stylistic break-through" by USA today, "cutting edge comedy" by The Hollywood Reporter and "original and funny" by the New York Times, this land-mark television series comes to DVD for the first time with three original episodes. Follow the lives of Marshall and Simon as their travels through the town of Eerie, Indiana take them on a series of incredible adventures. See for yourself why TV Guide advised its readers "Don't miss this!"

Apart from some coloring changes and some minor changes, the box is almost identical to the original 2000 release of the first three episodes. I believe that this is why the description says "three original episodes," simply a re-use of the text from the first disc.

Hopefully I'll be able to get a more thorough look at the set soon.

Until then...

Jimmy!