So...did anyone catch the Spike TV Video Game Awards?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by David Galindo, Dec 15, 2004.

1. David Galindo

David Galindo Screenwriter

They were much better than last year, though thats not saying much. The only great thing about it was "Hot Girls Reading Cheat Codes"...something about them saying "Up. Down. Left. Left." made me feel all mushy inside.

Still, Spike has a long way to go before really making a worthwhile awards ceremony. How disappointing.

2. Sean Moon

Sean Moon Cinematographer

The only gaming awards I take seriously are the AIAS awards. They dont get a lot of public attention though. It is just the Oscars but for games. If they made this more public and did the right advertising, I think that would help the gaming image in the public mindset. Gaming now is just looked at as a "hip, cool" thing to do and be part of. That is why I find it interesting John Singleton is making a game. A big time hollywood director making a game.

3. Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky Producer

As soon as I saw the thread title I thought if it was better than last year's. I didn't see it but it was universally flamed among the gaming community. At least there is some hope. Given the value of this industry (last I heard it was approaching or overtaking the movie industry in sales) you would think it would be given more respect.

4. Sean Moon

Sean Moon Cinematographer

Money wise it has overtaken the movie industry, but it is still not taken seriously as a form of art. It is just some cool hobby that people have in the public eye.

5. Rodney K

Rodney K Agent

If this year's was better than last year's I can't imagine what kind of a trainwreck they aired last year!

6. Rodney K

Rodney K Agent

7. David Galindo

David Galindo Screenwriter

Last year's host was David Spade. It was the worst awards show I had ever seen.

8. stephen la

stephen la Stunt Coordinator

I missed this.. do they rerun this?
    if so.. when can I see it again?