What's new

So Daman, What do you think? (PB10-ISD) (1 Viewer)

Daman

Second Unit
Oh yes surely its a keeper Steve :) i just love it. It just blows away all the subs ive ever heard. Never heard of bass this low and clean myself. Its the next best Wow factor investment ive had after my projecter :emoji_thumbsup:

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Thats good to hear Daman. What did you decide on placement? I believe it was 3 different placement options you were looking at and evaluating if memory serves me correct?

Daman

Second Unit
Yes Steve, there were 3 options, one was the current one i had - on the right side of room between 2 exit points- which in terms of Ron was the worst possible placement!So that one was ruled out. Second was beside the main couch on the left side. That was suggested by Ron and probably the best placement and i would also have been able to 'feel' the sub more. But it would have been inconvinient because one there would be wires in the way of passage and two i would have ended up blocking one sides passage. So i placed it in the rear left corner of the room, driver facing forward. Calibrated it with SPL meter and am getting beautiful bass now, non localized too. The dB curve is also pretty much constant across the frequencies though i have to sit down and jot the readings which i havent had the time to do yet. But overall very enthused with the sub :emoji_thumbsup:

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Thats excellent. Good placement is so important and will be noticed in a negative/positive light on a daily bassis. Glad you took the time to try them all out.

I moved my PB10-ISD on into the den behind closed doors (-6 to -15):D. I can get quite an attitude you know hearing how loud (-25) I'm listening.:angry: So I use the main system when I'm alone or family/friends.

It would be interesting to see what you come up with in your readings. I'll be very surprised if your not doing well at 17-18Hz. I haven't done one myself in the new room the PB10-ISD sits in now.

Daman

Second Unit
So you use the PB10 occasionally.. Hows the current placement of the sub? Your friends and family must be blown away at first audition, mine were :D Will try and get some readings this weekend and post em up.. any movies you can suggest which go really down, the best demo i like is the Start wars, Attack of Clones Asteriod Chase scene, really spreads it out :D

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Well when family and friends are involved it's the main listening room with the PB12-Ultra/2. When the PB10-ISD sat in there it surly impressed also. No doubt about it. I had a great placement option for it close to seating that provided the best sound/impact for all seating concerned. I did try it out in the same corner as the Ultra and it faired out much better than what I would have expected. I do listen to the 10-ISD most of the time though on account of being behind a closed door (den). WAF;)

>>>any movies you can suggest which go really down,

Daman

Second Unit
Ah i see,Ultra must be impressive, i have to get its demo from someone one of these days :D But the PB10 will do for now. Daredevil.. i might rent it out to check the bass out probably because im not a big fan of the movie itself. But would definetly want to check out the low SS bass you mention.:emoji_thumbsup: I'm also planning to start a war movie marathon with some friends this weekend if time permits.. Saving Private Ryan,Das Boot,Black Hawk Down and Platoon :D all of which would give the PB10 great workout.
Thanks again Steve and have Wonderful Holidays!

Himanshu_S

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Daman,

If you haven't already, try Matrix Revolutions. I played the rain fight scene to demo it to my cousin and the things behind him on the wall were shaking from the rumblings. I'm not into "the matrix" thing but I do like their action scenes. The soundtrack is pretty cool too(during the end credits).
Jurrasic Park(DTS) is good too and cheap enough to own it.
I'm getting the Avia disc this week so that will help calibrate my system. I already bought the SPL meter. I still have to go through the list of movies SVS recommended to demo the sub.
later,
Himanshu

Daman

Second Unit
Nice!! Yes the bass in Matrix Rev. goes pretty low, ill probably rent out that too cause i feel that rev. is the worst movie of the 3... I just own Matrix and aint a big fan of the sequels, though thats just my Opinion :) But ive heard from many that the soundtrack is mindblowing for HT's, so will definetly check it out. Thanks for the suggestion. I do own the Jurrasic park, will have to spin it again one of these days i guess.
Glad to hear you are getting the Avia, have fun calibrating your system :emoji_thumbsup: I calibrated mine with DVE and ran into some issues cause DVE's LFE track isnt mastered properly. Luckily Ron from SvS helped me out there and im very satisfied with what ive got now :D
Cheers
Daman

david*mt

Second Unit
Try out Master and Commander, U-571, or the Haunting all in DTS to give your sub a good workout.

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Saving Private Ryan,Das Boot,Black Hawk Down and Platoon all of which would give the PB10 great workout.
__________________________________________________ ____

All great choices Daman except you might want to scratch PLATOON off your list?? Great movie imo but the remasterd bass is very lacking to put it mildly. I took it back and luckily B-Buster let me exchange for another title. You might judge differently but I doubt it?

Glad to hear that you were set straight on the DVE's lack of calibration. I bet you were wondering what the Heck is this SVS/PB10-isd thing all about:)

>>>Thanks again Steve and have Wonderful Holidays!

Daman

Second Unit
Thanks David, totally agree, I have U571 which sounds amazing and Master and Commander also is in my to order list. In fact heres a list of my current favourites
Lotr - Fellowship - Sauron explosion scene and ring drop
Lotr - Return of the king- the nazguls and the oliphaunts scene
Monsters inc - the sock explosion( i never heard LFE on this on the other sub i had) and the walk to office scene
Finding Nemo- Darla scene,the one with the sharks and the one where the ship drops off into the abyss
Star Wars, Attack of Clones- the asteriod chase scene
Das Boot and U571- the scene with depth charges
Saving Private Ryan- The last fight when the tanks come in

I guess theres a few more which are slipping my mind at present but i just loved to watch these all over again with the PB10, in fact i feel i should watch all the movies i have once again :)

Daman

Second Unit

Hahaha Yes i surely was initially when i sat down with my better half to check out some of the favourite LFE scenes and ended up thinking that we werent really blown away you know... Glad Ron chipped in and helped me out there. And i hope all the guys with DVE out there are aware of this as well, i wasnt till this issue came up and was running the Polk on lower levels all the time.

MichaelPR

Second Unit
I plan on placing an order for one of these this weekend. I am very excited by the price point. I had owned a SVS previously and liked it alot but could not justify the money. So i had to send it back. This however is much more within my price range!

Daman

Second Unit
Youll be glad you order it Michael, i am and so are many more PB10 owners..Svs did a great job getting such a type of sub out in the market which is affordable without compromising on their quality. Do post up your experience with it after you get it.:emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks